I'm Tired of My Bitching About this Team

Texsox

Leaving the abbreviation spring training we all knew that JR being the idiot he is allowed Hahn to put together a horrible roster and that Tony is the worst manager in baseball who has the worst hitting coach in baseball in the dugout. 

I expected a third place or worse finish and that's where we are at. These brave players are playing hard and giving us their best each day but low talent and no motivation is tough to overcome without great coaching. I feel sorry they are playing in such a horrible organization who values profits over their salaries.

So I expect a loss each day. I'm not going to get upset when they are meeting expectations. When they win it's a miracle that will be celebrated. If they somehow can make the playoffs they will be the Miracle Mets x2. 

:gosox1:

:dipshit:

:banghead:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Leaving the abbreviation spring training we all knew that JR being the idiot he is allowed Hahn to put together a horrible roster and that Tony is the worst manager in baseball who has the worst hitting coach in baseball in the dugout. 

We expected a third place or worse finish and that's where we are at. These brave players are playing hard and giving us their best each day but low talent and no motivation is tough to overcome without great coaching. I feel sorry they are playing in such a horrible organization who values profits over their salaries.

So I expect a loss each day. I'm not going to get upset when they are meeting expectations. When they win it's a miracle that will be celebrated. If they somehow can make the playoffs they will be the Miracle Mets x2. 

I agree with this. It's better to lower the expectations so that watching the rest of the season doesn't have to be so frustrating. If they miss the playoffs and finish 3rd and under .500, then we won't be as upset. If they make the playoffs and possibly go far, then we can celebrate. However until then happens, it's not worth the mental anguish any longer to kid ourselves and keep our hopes so high. Hell if the owner doesn't give a shit, why should we the fans give a shit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, so *you* yourself are tired of 'bitching' about this sorry franchise, or are you tired of everyone else rightfully and validly critiquing this sorry ass team?  Just trying to gauge my own level of outrage that can or should be expressed at your premise | and or the validity of the need to start another thread about something...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Ok, so *you* yourself are tired of 'bitching' about this sorry franchise, or are you tired of everyone else rightfully and validly critiquing this sorry ass team?  Just trying to gauge my own level of outrage that can or should be expressed at your premise | and or the validity of the need to start another thread about something...

Not tired at all. In fact I enjoy your posts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

We expected a third place or worse finish and that's where we are at. These brave players are playing hard and giving us their best each day but low talent and no motivation is tough to overcome without great coaching. I feel sorry they are playing in such a horrible organization who values profits over their salaries.

You, not We, had these expectations of a shitty season.

you don’t have to b****, but I have every right to b**** about a team that is by their own words in the middle of a championship window.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

You, not We, had these expectations of a shitty season.

you don’t have to b****, but I have every right to b**** about a team that is by their own words in the middle of a championship window.  

Exactly. You be you. I'm not going to tell anyone how they should react to the most disappointing team in the past fifty years. 

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Exactly. You be you. I'm not going to tell anyone how they should react to the most disappointing team in the past fifty years. 

So this post where you tell everyone you are tired of the bitching is what, just a gentle reminder that you don’t want us to complain about a wildly underachieving team?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

So this post where you tell everyone you are tired of the bitching is what, just a gentle reminder that you don’t want us to complain about a wildly underachieving team?

Not at all. I'm tired of MY bitching. I'm tired of me always hating this organization. Do your own thing. You be you. 

Thank you, I edited the title for clarity. 

So you're advocating for cognitive dissonance?? Lol. Yes, let's just convince ourselves this team is not drastically underperforming. Let's convince ourselves this team is worse than they are. Then all will be good in the world... Because refusing to acknowledge reality and accept the truth has really worked out well for this country over the last two years. 

Mindsets like this are why this country is so fucked up. Mindsets like this led to an attempted coup and a fucking insurrection on the US Capitol. Come the fuck on. Be better. Deal with your fucking emotions and reality. We will all be better off.

26 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It's just a baseball team. Comparing not caring as much about a baseball team to an insurrection where people died seems a bit extreme. 

That's not what you're saying. You're saying this team was expected to be shit. So it makes no sense to be disappointed that they are currently shit. And that's not reality. The reality is, this team is extremely talented and is massively underperforming. 

13 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

That's not what you're saying. You're saying this team was expected to be shit. So it makes no sense to be disappointed that they are currently shit. And that's not reality. The reality is, this team is extremely talented and is massively underperforming. 

As noted here at Soxtalk Hahn is a horrible GM and put together a team that can't contend and should be fired. I agree with that assessment. I'll disagree that Hahn put together an extremely talented team. 

As noted here Tony is way past his prime, falls fucking asleep in the dugout, and can't manage this team and should be fired. I agree with that assessment.

As noted here we have a horrible approach at the plate brought on by a bad hitting coach who should be fired. I agree with this assessment.

As noted here JR is an idiot owner and should sell the team. I agree with this assessment. 

Most dedicated fans knew this going in, yet still set high expectations. Those expectations were reinforced by the first few series. So it makes perfect sense to be disappointed. I've been disappointed for months. This is the most disappointing season in a long long time. What I'm doing (and I'm not suggesting anyone else should) is just to stop bitching constantly about the team. 

Based on the consensus of very knowledgeable baseball fans here, I'm done getting upset at this team and spending my time bitching about them. But that's just me. I enjoy the in depth analysis and passion that many posters put into this team. Of all the things that could seriously hurt this franchise apathy is perhaps the worse. 

:cheers

Of course this is just my opinion. I'm glad it sparked a little discussion. It was a great win today. I enjoy seeing Leury having a great game. :gosox1:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

As noted here at Soxtalk Hahn is a horrible GM and put together a team that can't contend and should be fired. I agree with that assessment. I'll disagree that Hahn put together an extremely talented team. 

As noted here Tony is way past his prime, falls fucking asleep in the dugout, and can't manage this team and should be fired. I agree with that assessment.

As noted here we have a horrible approach at the plate brought on by a bad hitting coach who should be fired. I agree with this assessment.

As noted here JR is an idiot owner and should sell the team. I agree with this assessment. 

Most dedicated fans knew this going in, yet still set high expectations. Those expectations were reinforced by the first few series. So it makes perfect sense to be disappointed. I've been disappointed for months. This is the most disappointing season in a long long time. What I'm doing (and I'm not suggesting anyone else should) is just to stop bitching constantly about the team. 

Based on the consensus of very knowledgeable baseball fans here, I'm done getting upset at this team and spending my time bitching about them. But that's just me. I enjoy the in depth analysis and passion that many posters put into this team. Of all the things that could seriously hurt this franchise apathy is perhaps the worse. 

:cheers

Of course this is just my opinion. I'm glad it sparked a little discussion. It was a great win today. I enjoy seeing Leury having a great game. :gosox1:

They are a coaching staff and a player swap away from being a contender, IMO. Get rid of one of the DH/1B types and replace him with a solid outfielder, and this team is fine. Every team has holes. The reality is, the OFFENSIVE talent this team has, with their pitching, should be running away with the central.

Their single biggest problem is plate approach.

I also agree that JR is one of the worst owners in sports, and Hahn has failed to fix the roster construction. All these things can be true at the same time.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They are a coaching staff and a player swap away from being a contender, IMO. Get rid of one of the DH/1B types and replace him with a solid outfielder, and this team is fine. Every team has holes. The reality is, the OFFENSIVE talent this team has, with their pitching, should be running away with the central.

Their single biggest problem is plate approach.

I also agree that JR is one of the worst owners in sports, and Hahn has failed to fix the roster construction. All these things can be true at the same time.

Exactly. I agree with you entire post especially "away from being a contender".  My 2022 expectations are now set at that level. I'm bitched out about this whole miserable organization. Once eliminated, I'll rally for one more fire Tony chant. I'll start complaining  about Hahn not filling any holes for 2023. 

My expectations were much much higher at the trade deadline last year. They even peaked again in November when I thought they could, and would, address at least one of the holes. Then this person they created holes, not filled them. Plus  the entire CBA process dropped my expectations. 

I was thinking about this. Obviously you have other things in life beyond Sox baseball. Eventually this miserable season will fade away and we'll both stop bitching. I'm tired and got to that point sooner. I'm not going to care more about winning than the owner and his organization. 

And kudos for the cognitive dissonance angle. While that is possible, I know I've been consistent in my expectations of this team. I predicted third place. Plus it's reasonable to lower expectations based on injuries. 

Can we possibly reframe the disappoint people rightfully feel?

Aren’t there any injuries this season that people don’t blame the players / organization for? if so, how many games have we lost to those injuries? I just don’t accept it’s not some. And yet in these threads we just talk about the under performing. Or we talk about how it’s the training staff or scoutings fault that unanticipated, freak injuries and illnesses happen…which I just don’t accept. Injuries and illnesses just…happen. Do we blame the Yankees scouting and organization every time Stanton goes down for a few weeks?

And even if it’s just 3 games we have lost to injury, well…that’s the difference between us being 55-53 and 58-50.

The latter is an 87 win pace. Food for thought. 

And, if they are capable of sustaining playing at the recent 20-14 clip we have seen, that’s a 95 win pace. 

as much as it’s gonna suck for everyone to read this statement: the jury is still out on the 2022 Sox. For anyone wanting to pile on and just be done, I sincerely apologize. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard

@Greg Hibbard after reading your post I really wish I could go back and start this  thread with . . .

. . . I'm tired of dealing with my disappointment by bitching about the team and organization.

It's really about dealing with the most disappointing team in decades. This is suppose to be fun and entertaining.