8/9 Game 1 GT: Sox at Royals - Lynn vs. TBD (Tue 310CT)

ChiSox59

37 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A 5-2 week is needed. It starts with Lynn in game one of the twin bill on Tuesday. 

I was thinking the same thing. 4 against KC and 3 against Detroit before 4 against Houston and 3 against Cleveland. Have to pick up some wins here.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

My fear is Leury's good game today erased the chances of that, but I'd love to be wrong.

Leury can cover other positions. Maybe some time at 2nd or 3rd. Maybe sit 0-4 Harrison, move Garcia to 2nd, and let's see Sosa before he's sent down. 

The white Sox have played 5 double headers this year, their record is 5-5. What’s interesting is their record is 4-1 in game 1 and 1-4 in game 2. They only were swept once, by Cleveland in that terrible losing streak early in the year. They only have swept one, against the Yankees where I believe Kopech had a masterful game 2.

So I guess bet the white Sox in game 1 and be concerned about game 2?

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I was thinking the same thing. 4 against KC and 3 against Detroit before 4 against Houston and 3 against Cleveland. Have to pick up some wins here.

Yeah hopefully if they go 5-2 this upcoming week then they don’t go 2-5 those following 2 series. Knowing this team tho that is exactly what will happen continuing their hovering around the 500 mark 

8 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yeah hopefully if they go 5-2 this upcoming week then they don’t go 2-5 those following 2 series. Knowing this team tho that is exactly what will happen continuing their hovering around the 500 mark 

5-2 followed by 3-4 or 4-3 would be legit progress and they might well pass the Twins if they could pull that off, unless they can pull their own stuff together.

12 hours ago, Texsox said:

I really hope Sosa gets a start. 

Usually every position player gets at least one start in a DH.

Sosa will likely get a start at either SS or 2B

Sheets will be in place of Eloy or Robert for one of the games

Catchers will split the two games

Engel might be the one guy who doesn't start. a game.

12 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Minnesota starts this week with 3 games in LA against the Dodgers. There is a golden opportunity here for the Sox to get themselves a share of first place or better if they can take care of business in KC.

Pretty sure just two games at Chavez…

2 minutes ago, tray said:

TA was off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday because of the suspension so going home to be with his family makes all the sense. Who posts this garbage?

Tuesday is a DH and he's eligible to play the 2nd game. It is a bit strange that he'd fly from Dallas to Chicago just to be home for one day before flying to KC.

13 hours ago, Texsox said:

Leury can cover other positions. Maybe some time at 2nd or 3rd. Maybe sit 0-4 Harrison, move Garcia to 2nd, and let's see Sosa before he's sent down. 

Sosa can play even if Leury plays. Either Leury at third to replace Moncada or at second to replace Harrison and let Harrison play third. Either way, anybody else is better at third than watching Moncada go 0-4 and swing embarrassingly at wild pitches outside the zone or not swing at good pitches in the dead center of the zone. 

Last 9 games for Moncada. 4-33, 0 doubles, 0 HR's, 1 lucky triple (only because of poorly played ball by Ranger's Garcia), 3 BB's and 15 K's!

Last 9 games slash line: .121/.194/.182/.376

Continuing to throw him in the lineup at third and thinking something different will happen; is the pure definition of insanity! 

He needs to sit and sit for several games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

We needed Teresa Keuchel to tell us something the entire baseball world and especially the Chicago White Sox fans already knew! 🙄

Interesting she didn't mention the drop in his spin rate after MLB cracked down. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1