8/9 Game 1 GT: Sox at Royals - Lynn vs. TBD (Tue 310CT)

ChiSox59

22 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

Why do I have the same trepidation going into a series with KC as I do when they are about to play a team like the Yankees?

The last series with the Royals, the white sox actually won the series.

Prior to that, over their last 6 series against KC, the White Sox had not taken the series once. Either splits or series losses. 

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Anywhere from 0.5 back to 3.5 back with 1.5 or 2.5 the most likely…three game (total standings places) swing possible in one day.

How is 2.5 GB (Sox splitting and Twins winning most likely)?  1.5 GB would be most likely; Twins are definitely dogs @LAD. 

49 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

How is 2.5 GB (Sox splitting and Twins winning most likely)?  1.5 GB would be most likely; Twins are definitely dogs @LAD. 

I wrote OR.

Yes, betting wise, 1.5 should be more likely than 2.5.

That said, the Dodgers are playing so well right now and have almost no incentives left to play for but keeping players healthy, going for 110 plus wins and watching out for the Mets for best record.

They do eventually have to blend Buehler and possibly May back into the rotation and figure out a top four.  That might mean Urias OR Kershaw sits (Heaney to pen?), which is crazy depth…but how can you not go with Gonsolin and Tyler Anderson this year?

With the way this season has gone, will go with a 1-1 split in LA.  Balta will quickly show up to predict a Dodgers’ sweep, lol.

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

In 1973 Wilbur Wood started both games of a double header. Earlier in the year he started a suspended game and the regularly scheduled game and won both. 

The game has changed. 

• Like 1

Sorry to have to predict this: Sox lose two today. Sox do not beat Central teams on a regular basis. Game One to be one of the smallest crowds in KCR history I predict. If they actually count the fans maybe 1000 in the ballpark I predict.

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sorry to have to predict this: Sox lose two today. Sox do not beat Central teams on a regular basis. Game One to be one of the smallest crowds in KCR history I predict. If they actually count the fans maybe 1000 in the ballpark I predict.

And both Minnesota and Cleveland win today and tomorrow. 

Edited by maloney.adam