Tim Anderson out 4-6 weeks with torn ligament in his hand

chw42

21 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

While I think Romy is interesting, he's been dealing with injuries almost the entire season, and that weekly stat line is a 25 year old beating up on children in the ACL.

Yeah, hopefully he’s up for Sept though (he won’t be, because it allows burger/Martin) but he has real power when he’s healthy.

• bmags pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, hopefully he’s up for Sept though (he won’t be, because it allows burger/Martin) but he has real power when he’s healthy.

We only get two extra guys for September, I believe.  Imagine one will be Perez unless Yaz starts hitting.  Also have Bummer hopefully returning.   Then you got Burger, Martin,  Valasquez, Romy, Haseley, Crick (if healthy), Payton, Schryver and Shilling all with some levels of deservedness.  

Will be interesting to see how they manage the extra 2 spots.  

Then of course hopefully TA comes back at some point as well.  

If it were any other manager I would agree they deserved a second chance. I'm certain @Balta1701 will run the numbers, but it seems like now we're near the top in injuries to key players. 

No more road trips. I wonder if he'll fly a few of his friends in to help him rehab. 

34 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

In a vacuum, losing TA hurts.  Going from even the TA of the last few weeks to Leury is serious downgrade.  But this isn't the loss it was earlier in the season when TA went down. 

I hope to see Sosa get some serious run, but I think it'll be a 50/50 timeshare at best with Leury.  

Let's hope Sox are still in this thing when they get a healthy (and hopefully recharged and rejuvenated) TA back mid to late September.  

But like, it's not true. Leury has put up better numbers in half the Ab's from like the 8-9 hole over the last month. Timmy was absolute trash since his family life spilled into public. Player B is Timmy by the way...

Last 30 games:

Player A: .286BA, .300OBP, 10 runs, 1 homer, 3rbi

Player B: .258BA, .289OBP, 14 runs, 1 homer, 4rbi

One is Tim Anderson in 93 AB's, the other is Leury Legend over 49 AB's. 

12 minutes ago, he gone. said:

But like, it's not true. Leury has put up better numbers in half the Ab's from like the 8-9 hole over the last month. Timmy was absolute trash since his family life spilled into public. Player B is Timmy by the way...

Last 30 games:

But you're saying this with the assumption that he was definitely going to continue hitting at that level. Was it possible? Sure, but there's no way to know for certain. On the other hand, we know what Leury is.

15 minutes ago, Snopek said:

But you're saying this with the assumption that he was definitely going to continue hitting at that level. Was it possible? Sure, but there's no way to know for certain. On the other hand, we know what Leury is.

don't disagree there. its definitely a downgrade. but there's a chance it's a downgrade like the time mendick had to fill in earlier in June ... for all the love Anderson gets (or used to get) he really had turned almost into Nicky two strikes outside a few hot streaks. that's a harsh take by me for sure... i also realize a healthy productive anderson is one of the most important players on the team. 

1 hour ago, he gone. said:

Last 30 games:

But like, I am still taking Timmy over Leury without a 2nd thought even with the recent poor 30 games sample considered.  But yeah, I mean, we're saying the same thing.  The latest version of TA isn't a huge loss atm.  Chances of TA snapping out of it and become a really good player over the next 4-6 weeks was many times more likely that getting above average production out of Leury at SS. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But like, I am still taking Timmy over Leury without a 2nd thought even with the recent poor 30 games sample considered.  But yeah, I mean, we're saying the same thing.  The latest version of TA isn't a huge loss atm.  Chances of TA snapping out of it and become a really good player over the next 4-6 weeks was many times more likely that getting above average production out of Leury at SS. 

This isn't even a question.  TA in a slump is still Tim Anderson.  Leury Garcia even on a good day is Leury Garcia.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

We only get two extra guys for September, I believe.  Imagine one will be Perez unless Yaz starts hitting.  Also have Bummer hopefully returning.   Then you got Burger, Martin,  Valasquez, Romy, Haseley, Crick (if healthy), Payton, Schryver and Shilling all with some levels of deservedness.  

Will be interesting to see how they manage the extra 2 spots.  

Then of course hopefully TA comes back at some point as well.  

Has to be Burger if Moncada's offensive struggles continue.

29 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Forgive my ignorance and I am NOT trying to troll, but what are Tim's "personal issues spilling into the public"? I am not in Chicago so I don't get much of the inside stuff except from this Board. Thanks! 

He seems to father a few children on the side. Mainstream press hasn't confirmed, so at this point it is mostly allegations by a baby momma. 

• bmags unpinned this topic