Tim Anderson out 4-6 weeks with torn ligament in his hand

chw42

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't even a question.  TA in a slump is still Tim Anderson.  Leury Garcia even on a good day is Leury Garcia.

And Tim Anderson is what exactly?  He's looking more and more like a 2 tool player that doesn't have a position. 

2 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

I feel sorry for those of you who actually invested into these losers this year, sincerely. should've tapped out two months ago

Sports aren't life and death. As bad as the team is and as frustrating it is to follow them, it's a break from all things going on in America and in the world that could get me banned if I mention them. So what if we don't completely give up on the team. It's OK to monitor your favorite team since childhood and see what the final tally of this season's ineptitude will be in terms of Ws and Ls. In other words don't feel sorry for us. We are not dumb in terms of thinking they'll make the playoffs, we just like sports.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Sports aren't life and death. As bad as the team is and as frustrating it is to follow them, it's a break from all things going on in America and in the world that could get me banned if I mention them. So what if we don't completely give up on the team. It's OK to monitor your favorite team since childhood and see what the final tally of this season's ineptitude will be in terms of Ws and Ls. In other words don't feel sorry for us. We are not dumb in terms of thinking they'll make the playoffs, we just like sports.

I can live with the frustration of loses.

What has absolutely just eaten me up this year is that you have an inept manager and the hitting coach is responsible for the shit show on offense we see everyday

BUT.... 

Nothing has been done to either one of those two. That has been the most frustrating this year.....even beyond the loses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol, come on.  Are you really going to let a slump define his whole career? 

And he is still 11th (2.2 fWAR) among SS in a slump year.

Tony's replacement options: Mendick 0.9 ; 22 year old Lenyn Sosa & Leury Garcia -0.9 fWAR

Typical Hahn/Tony preferred external option: Didi Gregorius -0.9 fWAR 2021 & -0.3 fWAR 2022

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And he is still 11th (2.2 fWAR) among SS in a slump year.

Tony's replacement options: Mendick 0.9 ; 22 year old Lenyn Sosa & Leury Garcia -0.9 fWAR

Typical Hahn/Tony preferred external option: Didi Gregorius -0.9 fWAR 2021 & -0.3 fWAR 2022

Might need to adjust Sosa war.

Almost had three hits including the homer.

8 hours ago, he gone. said:

To be fair, we've been with out Tim Anderson for 4-6 weeks already in a way... 

Last 30 games:

Player A: .286BA, .300OBP, 10 runs, 1 homer, 3rbi

Player B: .258BA, .289OBP, 14 runs, 1 homer, 4rbi

One is Tim Anderson in 93 AB's, the other is Leury Legend over 49 AB's. 

Take away? In the words of Marshawn Lynch - got to get your mentals right. Balancing a disaster in your home life and then trying to hit major league arms isn't very easy. 

If I'm even going to spin zone this, it may be helpful to have him out of the locker room for a few weeks ... 

Let's see if Sosa can step up and take the reigns. If not, Romy is now healthy too batting .471 in August (1 week) with 4HR last week, 10 RBI. 

Wasn't that in the ACL though while on rehab?

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah. Sosa deserves an extended look.  Just dont think they have the guts to bench Leury Harrison Moncada but who knows...

Let him play. Sox actually need what he potentially can bring at the plate. Can't afford to have an instant out taking TA's projected at bats. If Sosa is a natural born hitter at age 22 Sox may have a spark. Worst that can happen is his BA is Grandal-like.

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm done.   This is like a hit ti each testicle.  La Russa managing and Gracia playing to much.  I'd rather give a kid a some time at the big leagues but this organization raise the bar of stupid.   At least you will see some hustle.

I said bring 4 guys up. Hell Sosa, Romy, Colas and Perez and just IL Leury , Harrison,Grandal or DFA Zavala and send down Sheets and start them all !

If we're going to make fun of Hahn for having a seat at the kiddie table , might as well have the kiddies up so he can have a front row view.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I said bring 4 guys up. Hell Sosa, Romy, Colas and Perez and just IL Leury , Harrison,Grandal or DFA Zavala and send down Sheets and start them all !

If we're going to make fun of Hahn for having a seat at the kiddie table , might as well have the kiddies up so he can have a front row view.

I think there are many of us that would sign up for that right now. However, JR/RH/HOFBP will NEVER do it.  Get ready for signing of Didi or Simmons to play SS while TA is down. Leury is hurting and having him be the everyday SS doesn't allow TLR to suboptimize multiple positions a week with Leury stuck at SS.

6 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I think there are many of us that would sign up for that right now. However, JR/RH/HOFBP will NEVER do it.  Get ready for signing of Didi or Simmons to play SS while TA is down. Leury is hurting and having him be the everyday SS doesn't allow TLR to suboptimize multiple positions a week with Leury stuck at SS.

Wil Myers sounds perfect for next year. Extremely Diminished power from RH side.  Piss Poor defense.  Terrible in CF.  Was a big name a decade or so ago.  Will point to decent numbers in 2019 and 2021.  Not THAT old by Sox standards.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Is there anybody on the street right now worth bringing in to play shortstop?

You have to think the only name would be Didi and that’s not much of a name anymore.  Maybe you get a dead cat bounce out of him but I doubt it, probably best to go with Sosa or Romy 

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic