Tim Anderson out 4-6 weeks with torn ligament in his hand

chw42

13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Elvis and Tim have played exclusively at SS (or DH) throughout their careers. However, Romy Gonzalez played all three OF positions and the majority of his games played in the minor leagues (68 LF, 17 CF, 3 RF, 47 across three infield positions). If they work Romy the next two weeks pregame in the OF, specifically RF, they could improve their OF defense and have a net gain at offense.

1. SS Anderson (R)
  2. 3B Moncada (S)
  3. 1B Abreu (R)
  4. DH/LF Jimenez (R)
  5. CF Robert (R)
  6. LF/DH Vaughn (R)
  7. C Grandal (S)
  8. RF Gonzalez (R)
  9. 2B Andrus (R)

Bench: C Zavala, OF Pollock, INF Garcia, 1B/DH Sheets

DFA: Engel & Harrison

I can't fathom why anyone would have Moncada batting ahead of Robert

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Elvis and Tim have played exclusively at SS (or DH) throughout their careers. However, Romy Gonzalez played all three OF positions and the majority of his games played in the minor leagues (68 LF, 17 CF, 3 RF, 47 across three infield positions). If they work Romy the next two weeks pregame in the OF, specifically RF, they could improve their OF defense and have a net gain at offense.

1. SS Anderson (R)
  2. 3B Moncada (S)
  3. 1B Abreu (R)
  4. DH/LF Jimenez (R)
  5. CF Robert (R)
  6. LF/DH Vaughn (R)
  7. C Grandal (S)
  8. RF Gonzalez (R)
  9. 2B Andrus (R)

Bench: C Zavala, OF Pollock, INF Garcia, 1B/DH Sheets

DFA: Engel & Harrison

I don't think they can DFA Harrison. They need another infielder other than Luery to back up the starters. And Engel's speed has won us ballgames (his glove on the other hand has been a different story this season). It is quite the conundrum.

Oh, and Andrus and Moncada need to be switched in that lineup. Yoan hitting any higher than 7th in the order is just...gag.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Having seen how many guys, Lynn, Kelly, Robert all come back too early from injuries this year/not get enough rehab work after injuries this year, I would like to express skepticism that one week of ramping up baseball activity is enough to get into gear for the last 2 weeks of a pennant race.

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Having seen how many guys, Lynn, Kelly, Robert all come back too early from injuries this year/not get enough rehab work after injuries this year, I would like to express skepticism that one week of ramping up baseball activity is enough to get into gear for the last 2 weeks of a pennant race.

I have no doubt he’ll be rushed back in an attempt to “spark” the team.  

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I can't fathom why anyone would have Moncada batting ahead of Robert

I think you have a point against a left handed starter. If Moncada is back to normal (Robert is still not back to normal), keeping the regular lineup the same, but slotting Moncada /Robert based on starter makes sense based on their career splits. Moncada also walks a lot more, setting up the table for Jose, Eloy and Robert as run producers.

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I don't think they can DFA Harrison. They need another infielder other than Luery to back up the starters. And Engel's speed has won us ballgames (his glove on the other hand has been a different story this season). It is quite the conundrum.

My post overlooked the fact there is a 28 man roster, was thinking 26 man so they don’t have to cut either.

Engel has not been healthy or productive the past two seasons, after an encouraging breakout in the short 2020.

I think they would end up keeping Harrison more for morale, and May put him on a playoff roster over Romy as a crusty old veteran.

Both need to be long gone if the Sox are attempting to compete in 2023.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Uh-oh

I don’t believe he has ever been a player that didn’t have his body prepared. The prep work focus he put into his fielding could have been questionable in some way. Because he has shown the ability to respond when it got way out of hand when pressed. Sadly he just might have become a physical availability risk as he moves through his physical prime now.

By the way, the offseason workout videos are worth about an all day pass on the CTA with $5