Jump to content

BA's Updated Top 30 - White Sox


DirtySox
 Share

Recommended Posts

Baseball America has updated the Top 30s with the 2022 draft class. Here's the top 20 for the White Sox.

Quote

1.) Colson Montgomery

2.) Oscar Colas

3.) Bryan Ramos

4.) Norge Vera

5.) Jose Rodriguez

6.) Sean Burke

7.) Peyton Pallette

8.) Jonathan Cannon

9.) Noah Schultz

10.) Yoelqui Cespedes

11.) Lenyn Sosa

12.) Romy Gonzalez

13.) Yolbert Sanchez

14.) Jimmy Lambert

15.) Davis Martin

16.) Cristian Mena.

17.) Jason Bilous

18.) Matt Thompson

19.) Jared Kelley

20.) Kohl Simas

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'd be very difficult for me to justify keeping Sosa out of the top 5 in this system, let alone top 10. He's 22, raked in AA, has shown plus (or better) raw power, plays up the middle... having some of those arms ahead of him on a prospect list is puzzling to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m a little surprised, this is the big update? Seems like the draftees just pushed in. BA updates monthly now, though, so I’m not that hung up on it.

Also just pretty sure Sosa is legit, albeit needing some patience, so don’t care too much. We know a lot about the kid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting of the recent draftees, our first rounder is below our second and third picks.  I guess it is because of the risk of high school pitchers but considering Pallette is recovering from TJ and Cannon's ceiling is supposedly mid rotation, I am a bit surprised.  Disappointed the high school arms have fallen so much though Thompson and Kelley doing better of late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Interesting of the recent draftees, our first rounder is below our second and third picks.  I guess it is because of the risk of high school pitchers but considering Pallette is recovering from TJ and Cannon's ceiling is supposedly mid rotation, I am a bit surprised.  Disappointed the high school arms have fallen so much though Thompson and Kelley doing better of late.

In this case it also has to include the floor of what Pallette and Cannon have already achieved, versus someone like Schultz who needs a lot of things to go right for him to even get to the point where the other two are already, let alone to get to his ceiling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

In this case it also has to include the floor of what Pallette and Cannon have already achieved, versus someone like Schultz who needs a lot of things to go right for him to even get to the point where the other two are already, let alone to get to his ceiling.

And does anyone feel like he's in the right organization to achieve those results? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

And does anyone feel like he's in the right organization to achieve those results? 

Hopefully as a HS kid, they really don't feel the need to rush Schultz, but I do feel like we do a pretty good job with pitching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Wes Kath out of top 20.  Guessing that 40%ish K rate is the issue.

holy smokes, didn't see that. Yeah, I'd still take wes kath 100 times out of 100 over jason friggen bilous.

  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, Johno said:

Very disappointing to see Thompson and Kelley so low in the ratings.   It concerns me organization is not doing a good job scouting!!

Thompson isn't a Shirley pick but Kelly, who is, is doing something to ease my concerns as of late but I still think he's been disappointing overall. 

That being said, the minor league pitching development team/system needs to carry its weight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, DirtySox said:

Baseball America has updated the Top 30s with the 2022 draft class. Here's the top 20 for the White Sox.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/teams/1026/chicago-white-sox/organizational/

I think this is a bad list. Too low on Sosa and Mena. Kath is a top 20 guy for me still too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, BamaDoc said:

Interesting of the recent draftees, our first rounder is below our second and third picks.  I guess it is because of the risk of high school pitchers but considering Pallette is recovering from TJ and Cannon's ceiling is supposedly mid rotation, I am a bit surprised.  Disappointed the high school arms have fallen so much though Thompson and Kelley doing better of late.

He might cut his s/o rate as he moves up. Pitchers who advance are around the plate more than the guys at low A.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...