8/10 at KC - Cueto vs. Bubic (7:10 start)

Texsox

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

Will Sosa be in the lineup? 

Can’t image Leury will be playing next couple days. He played that 2nd game on one leg. Sosa gonna have to rake to stay in there tho. Had Leury not gotten hurt zero chance Sosa plays tomorrow. 

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Will Sosa be in the lineup? 

Yes. I think everyone on the planet could see there is something physically wrong with Leury tonight. 

I've never seen you make a game thread before. I think we go on a 7 game streak and take first place this weekend. 

• Thanks 1

I hope Jason’s Winning Bets knows what he is doing, because 3 or more White Sox runs in the first five innings would be Ab Fab.

Previous White Sox first five inning run results:

• 1 8/9 G2 @ Royals (Heasley)
  • 1 8/9 G1 @ Royals (Singer)
  • 6 8/7 @ Texas (Howard)
  • 0 8/6 @ Texas (Dunning)
  • 2 8/5 @ Texas (Otto)
  • 1 8/4 @ Texas (Ragans)
  • 4 8/3 vs. Royals (Singer)
  • 5 8/2 vs. Royals (Keller)
  • 0 8/1 vs. Royals (Lynch)
  • 3 7/31 vs. Athletics (Oller)
  • 0 7/30 vs. Athletics (Blackburn)
  • 1 7/29 vs. Athletics (Kaprielian)
  • 2 7/27 @ Rockies (Senzatela)
  • 1 7/26 @ Rockies (Marquez)

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I hope Jason’s Winning Bets knows what he is doing, because 3 or more White Sox runs in the first five innings would be Ab Fab.

Previous White Sox first five inning run results:

• 1 8/9 G2 @ Royals (Heasley)
  • 1 8/9 G1 @ Royals (Singer)
  • 6 8/7 @ Texas (Howard)
  • 0 8/6 @ Texas (Dunning)
  • 2 8/5 @ Texas (Otto)
  • 1 8/4 @ Texas (Ragans)
  • 4 8/3 vs. Royals (Singer)
  • 5 8/2 vs. Royals (Keller)
  • 0 8/1 vs. Royals (Lynch)
  • 3 7/31 vs. Athletics (Oller)
  • 0 7/30 vs. Athletics (Blackburn)
  • 1 7/29 vs. Athletics (Kaprielian)
  • 2 7/27 @ Rockies (Senzatela)
  • 1 7/26 @ Rockies (Marquez)

Certainly what it’s felt like

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Was watching the end of the game last night as I was leaving my fiance's parents house. Yaz is awful behind the plate.

I've always been a Yaz supporter, but you cannot just keep running him out there right now.  Getting close to thinking shutting him down until 2023 is the best play if he's just not going to hit all season.  Don't think Seby (or Reese previously) is/was the answer, either.  I imagine Perez will be up here in September, but that is still 3 weeks away.  Might be hard to wait that long. 

• Like 1

Oh great, Bubic tonight with a 5.27 ERA. Another game for our Sox to possibly make a pitcher this year look like a stud and probably have his best performance of the year. 

2022 stats for Bubic:

ERA - 5.27, WHIP - 1.54, K/BB - 1.68, BB/9 - 4.48, BA against - .270, BABIP - .304, OBP - .350, SLG - .441, OPS - .791

If they can't beat this slug tonight, then it's safe to conclude this team isn't capable of being a winner, Regardless of whether the reason is because of a horrible manager, an inept hitting coach, injuries, or a team that is just basically overrated and mentally not tough enough!

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I've always been a Yaz supporter, but you cannot just keep running him out there right now.  Getting close to thinking shutting him down until 2023 is the best play if he's just not going to hit all season.  Don't think Seby (or Reese previously) is/was the answer, either.  I imagine Perez will be up here in September, but that is still 3 weeks away.  Might be hard to wait that long. 

I was a supporter too and he was well worth his deal the first 2 years. Absolutely brutal this season.

13 hours ago, Texsox said:

I've never faulted Leury for his effort and desire. It's too bad he gets misused by Tony. 

Honestly I respect Leury more. He was clearly hurt and wanted to keep playing. I wish Vaughn and Robert would b**** to TLR about playing time like Abreu and Leury do

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Oh great, Bubic tonight with a 5.27 ERA. Another game for our Sox to possibly make a pitcher this year look like a stud and probably have his best performance of the year. 

2022 stats for Bubic:

ERA - 5.27, WHIP - 1.54, K/BB - 1.68, BB/9 - 4.48, BA against - .270, BABIP - .304, OBP - .350, SLG - .441, OPS - .791

If they can't beat this slug tonight, then it's safe to conclude this team isn't capable of being a winner, Regardless of whether the reason is because of a horrible manager, an inept hitting coach, injuries, or a team that is just basically overrated and mentally not tough enough!

I wouldn't get your hopes up ... Bubic has returned quality starts in 4 straight. Those came against Boston, Yankees, Rays and Toronto. The 5th start beyond that was 5.2ip, 3er ... so basically 5 QS in a row. He does struggle against lefties ... but we don't have lefties. Since June and 12 starts his ERA is much closer to the upper 3's. Finally, Yoan, Eloy and Robert are a combined 0-31 against Bubic and Abreu is 2-16. Thats 3-37 from the middle of your lineup. 

This has the makings of another 3-2, or 2-3 type final. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, he gone. said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up ... Bubic has returned quality starts in 4 straight. Those came against Boston, Yankees, Rays and Toronto. The 5th start beyond that was 5.2ip, 3er ... so basically 5 QS in a row. He does struggle against lefties ... but we don't have lefties. Since June and 12 starts his ERA is much closer to the upper 3's. Finally, Yoan, Eloy and Robert are a combined 0-31 against Bubic and Abreu is 2-16. Thats 3-37 from the middle of your lineup. 

Against this offense, Perfecto in waiting!

1 hour ago, he gone. said:

I believe in Cy Cueto.

• Like 1