8/10 at KC - Cueto vs. Bubic (7:10 start)

Texsox

2 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

He went back. Watch the video. 

I'm mad they didn't score too, but I see what happened. A faster player could have still scored but not Jose.

Except Melendez was running in with the ball and would have taken too long to set up and make a proper throw esoecially if Abreu and McEwing were in concert on him going.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You can't have two consecutive outs without advancing runners there.

You just can't.

Abreu should have tagged up on the Sheets fly ball.  Royals LF wasn’t positioned to throw home. He thought it was the third out.  Our base running sucks. Also lineup with Yoan and Grandal back to back is not too hot.  

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Except Melendez was running in with the ball and would have taken too long to set up and make a proper throw even if Abreu and McEwing were in concert on him going.

I am just going to disagree guys. The runner on third takes a lead in case it drops, when the runners sees its going to be caught, he goes back...which Jose did.

Then he slipped. Done. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I am just going to disagree guys. The runner on third takes a lead in case it drops, when the runners sees its going to be caught, he goes back...which Jose did.

Then he slipped. Done. 

Except that was pretty obviously right at Melendez...with a little bit of a run in.

4 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

He went back. Watch the video. 

I'm mad they didn't score too, but I see what happened. A faster player could have still scored but not Jose.

He was about 2 feet from the bag, how do you trip getting back.  When the ball is hanging in the air and you know it's bound to be caught you should already be on the base waiting for the catch.  Once the catch is made you start towards home trying to draw a throw.  In this case the LF was sleeping and a heads up base runner may have taken advantage of that and scored.

• Thanks 1