It's easy if you try.

JR from his suite sticks his head out and joins the chorus 

No hell below us 

Above us only sky. 

Look up to the sky people - fireworks*

*After the game.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Any ideas how much JR is saving on fireworks by the team avoiding home runs? It has to be a couple hundred thousand dollars by the end of the season. 

No but I found this on the sox website.  After a White Sox home run, 20 fireworks are ignited from the scoreboard. 

20 x the cost of a single firework x # of HR's =

10 minutes ago, Spicy gar said:

How much do you think fireworks cost?

A lot less than Leury Garcia…prices have doubled the last 2-3 years though due to world supply chains/logistics.

The original Bill Veeck Exploding scoreboard in the old stadium was $300,000 back in the day.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

No but I found this on the sox website.  After a White Sox home run, 20 fireworks are ignited from the scoreboard. 

20 x the cost of a single firework x # of HR's =

I understand that JR was traveling on 294 recently, saw all those billboards and immediately rang up Brooks to make sure they were shopping around for the best Fireworks prices.

44 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

This team sucks

Having said that. It seems like every low point, they always bounce back a little to keep us interested. Fully expecting Sox to win at least 3 of the next 4 this weekend.

Carrot and the stick

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Can't the Sox claim 1919 & 1994 like a CFB team claiming a dubious National Championship?

My Alma Matter won a simulated NCAA Basketball championship when they canceled the tournament in 2020 and I accept that as legitimate.....so sure why not.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

My Alma Matter won a simulated NCAA Basketball championship when they canceled the tournament in 2020 and I accept that as legitimate.....so sure why not.

My high school was in the final 4 and projected to win in 2020. We have a huge trophy in our case with State Champion engraved on the side. 

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

My high school was in the final 4 and projected to win in 2020. We have a huge trophy in our case with State Champion engraved on the side. 

Perfectly legitimate.  I love it.

1 minute ago, wegner said: