8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

5 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Unless he's arguing with himself, I don't know how those two sentences can be uttered back to back. "We're in a position to get hot" is a completely meaningless thing to say and the definition of cheap talk.

Never question Tony when he is defending his family.

It doesn't even matter what happens today, Houston is coming to town for 4 on the horizon and that will be the nail in the coffin.

I cant keep fooling myself into thinking these guys will flip the switch, ive been saying that for months now. Its not going to happen.

Just now, T R U said:

It doesn't even matter what happens today, Houston is coming to town for 4 on the horizon and that will be the nail in the coffin.

I cant keep fooling myself into thinking these guys will flip the switch, ive been saying that for months now. Its not going to happen.

Followed by Cleveland. Next week should bury the Sox. 

2 minutes ago, SouthSideRock said:

IDC how but Yaz no longer can be a White Sox after this year.  idk how you dump that terrible contract, but a catcher who cant call a game or even catch the majority of the games and cant be healthy has no place.

Cubs dumped Heyward without worrying about the 23 mil they owed him

1 minute ago, T R U said:

4 game sweep easy the way they're playing right now.

Has Tony seen enuf? Maybe he's staying for the money. Good chunk of cash going to his bank account at 77. He's too old to read social media anyway. Cha ching for Tony's bank account is why he's staying thru this disaster. He coulda started collecting social security 15 years ago for gosh sakes. Way to add to your estate, Tony.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

Not scoring a run while the bases are loaded with no outs wouldn't hurt so bad if this team didn't suck so much. It's baseball and shit like that happens.

This f&%$ing team making me question if El Duque really did that big of a thing after all.  I really think I hate the 2022 Chicago White Sox.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Followed by Cleveland. Next week should bury the Sox. 

Wishful thinking.  It would be better if they got buried.  Instead they will find a way to hang on by a thread and tease everyone just a bit longer.  It's all a mirage.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Anyone else laugh when Tony complains about family not communicating?

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Estranged-Daughters-Sue-La-Russa-3039688.php

can we hire Tony's lawyer.....La Russa's lawyer in California said the court order from La Russa's divorce gave his wife sole custody and stipulated it would be in the best interest of his daughters if he had no contact with them.

• Haha 2

Just now, wegner said:

This f&%$ing team making me question if El Duque really did that big of a thing after all.  I really think I hate the 2022 Chicago White Sox.

It absolutely sucked, when you have Jimenez, Abreu and Grandahl and can’t score? That’s what’s sickening. 

5 minutes ago, SouthSideRock said:

IDC how but Yaz no longer can be a White Sox after this year.  idk how you dump that terrible contract, but a catcher who cant call a game or even catch the majority of the games and cant be healthy has no place.

I think he will be back next year but you gotta pull the plug early if he looks washed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Wishful thinking.  It would be better if they got buried.  Instead they will find a way to hang on by a thread and tease everyone just a bit longer.  It's all a mirage.

They’re done.  The Timmy injury was the nail in the coffin.  Gives the teammates a reason to finally give up.

Edited by fathom

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Detroit seems to be the only team we can comfortably beat this year, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them win today and then take 2/3 or sweep Detroit only to get bent over by Houston.

You cant single those guys to death, they are going to score runs. And we also suck at home, so there's that too.