8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

Just now, Spumoni said:

That's it.  It's not about guys who can't hit homers.  Taking away guy's ability to hit homers is Menechino's true joy.  He feeds on it.

This Sox team really is the opposite of the three true outcome team. We don't hit homers, we don't walk, and we don't really strikeout unless it's in a situation where we need to make contact. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't disagree. Just feel like they won't completely cut him until at least early next year. Just better have some depth lined up.

I'll be surprised if they eat that contract before the ASB next season.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Sosa seems to be 0-2 on every at bat, I don't see him sticking around long

The guy has like 30 games above AA. He wasn't really much of a prospect before this year. They absolutely rushed him a few months ago when they brought him up to play like 4 games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I'll be surprised if they eat that contract before the ASB next season.

I’m sure he’ll get hurt in the first few months next season. Maybe we get lucky at he juices up again trying to get a new contract.

• Like 1

Just now, Bad Hombre said:

For anybody that didn’t hear Stone’s story. During the off-season, he asked Greinke how he’d pitch to our team. He said they swing at everything, so get ahead early and then throw junk so they get themselves out. Worked to perfection!

Grandal and Moncada were the biggest reasons why we didn't have the least walks in baseball last year. But this year they've been hurt and terrible. Lo and behold we have the fewest walks in baseball. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

For anybody that didn’t hear Stone’s story. During the off-season, he asked Greinke how he’d pitch to our team. He said they swing at everything, so get ahead early and then throw junk so they get themselves out. Worked to perfection!

Kyle Lohse and Blackburn said the same thing when they were members of the twins.  

Edited by southsideirish71

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It is contagious from top to bottom - but they are mentally weak. They give up too much and hitting more than anything has such a mental part to it. Watch the top hitting teams and see how much they grind from at bat to at bat. That mentality is completely not existent on this team and it shows. They give up so many at bats once they are down. You can see it in the body language, the half assed swings, etc.  You see the same on defense and on base running. This team is so mentally weak. It has other issues - such as 2 DHs playing in the outfield most games but so much of this is on the entire tone - players to coaches.  Why the Sox haven't looked at what the Phils did and how much they changed post Girardi and not realized they need to pull that plug on the coaching staff.  What is the worse that can happen. Team is already playing like heartless dogs - it can't get any worse than it's s now.  

There is no doubt that something is wrong with the mental aspect of the players but what it is exactly is the big question. I tend to believe a majority of players have given up on TLF and I also think a new managerial change would do wonders for them. When a player is questioning the fire of the team, especially a new player to the team it is quite evident that the problem probably runs much deeper than what we are getting glimpses of. Only time will tell but I would imagine if and when TLR is gone then that's when we will find out the true story.

• Like 1