8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

I just don't understand that knowing that this is not working why TLR and Menichino can't be fired. 

This is still a winnable division

Maybe the firings wake up this team and maybe they don't.

BUT is it not worth a shot??? Don't they owe that to their organization and their fans????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I just don't understand that knowing that this is not working why TLR and Menichino can't be fired. 

This is still a winnable division

Maybe the firings wake up this team and maybe they don't.

BUT is it not worth a shot??? Don't they owe that to their organization and their fans????

These guys decided they didn’t need to search for a manager, conducted a faux interview with Willie Harris to check the box of interviewing a minority (same thing got the NFL sued), and then sat in front of press folks announcing the LaRussa hire knowing he recently had a DUI and conveniently leaving that out (lie of omission) because that’s a crime that shouldn’t matter for someone this important. You think they believe they owe you anything? They think you owe them money for this post.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Until he pulls the same thing with you three months in. 

I think we agree that leaving is the correct thing to do. We just disagree how to exit. Threatening to leave if you don't get what you want versus finding another position and just leaving. 

Do not forget that the owner has to approve any interviews you get with any other team.

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I had forgotten that Tony didn't manage that game, no wonder they came back and won the most exciting game of the year.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The right answer is "I am the general manager of this baseball team. They are a billion dollar business with a revenue in the hundreds of millions of dollars per year. I am going to conduct a professional search interviewing a large number of candidates because that is my job and that is the only fitting way to handle a business like this one. If you are taking the power away from me to run this team in a professional manner then you will need to find a general manager willing to accept that restriction because I cannot as that restriction means I am no longer the general manager in anything other than name only. Either you must drop that restriction or I will tender my resignation."

If only Hahn could visit the wizard of oz and ask for some balls.  I agree with your statement 100%, he should of handed in his resignation the day Jerry decided on Tony, but he didn't so those words will never come out of Hahn's mouth.

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Ozzie calling out the media for asking Andrew Vaughn about what Cueto said...."what is the kid going to say?  Cueto has been in the big leagues for 30 years and this kid has been there for like a day" 

Basically saying why don't you ask the veteran leaders what is going on instead of a quiet guy like AV.  Good point I think.

I love Ozzie's postgame comments, spot on.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m confused…I know exactly what you mean about going the opposite way, but it shouldn’t be the main focus. Especially with the ball not being juiced anymore, you aren’t going to get nearly as many opposite field homers as they did in 2020.  I think all of us want them to sacrifice a few opposite field singles for one more homer every other game.

LOL I know what you mean . You didn't like Roberts approach so how did that translate to you not liking Judge or Freeman ? Their approaches are fine and they get results. They don't look to hit to RF, they hit the ball where it's pitched.

They probably look fastball like Hawk always used to talk about and then adjust to the pitch and they take the pitcher's approach to them into consideration. They look to drive the ball on any pitch and rarely approach 1 AB with anything specific in mind except for looking for their pitch. You should know where your happy spots are and look for something like that every time up and spit on pitches early in the count that aren't in those zones.

Pitch recognition is key to a good approach if you have trouble being able to tell the different between a slider and FB you're in trouble anyway so just take more pitches to increase your odds of getting something in your sweet spots. At least you'll be taking more walks and not swinging at so many pitches out of the zone. I see way too many swings on balls off the plate outside and inside. It's like some of these guys have no idea how to recognize pitches or are looking outside so much they can't drive a pitch in the middle of the plate. They get caught leaning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That was his speech in 2020. He choose instead to be Jerry and Tony’s lapdog at that moment and stay on the payroll.

No way he can lead an organization and have people respect him at this point. It must be earned, and between his results and actions, he hasn’t in a decade. He couldn’t even stand up to a 13 year old kid.

Gar Pax, Pace Nagy, Hahn La Russa. Need to clean house as one cannot stay without the other, and have a chance at future success.

Your analogies seem reasonable to me, except Jerry keeps all his cronies forever, so the only way that happens is if Jerry turns over the team to his son Jonathan or sells the team.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

One big LOL. In August when the games supposedly matter Sox lose 3 of 4 to KC. I know ... injuries.

At this point the team has had so many injuries I blame that on the team more than luck. Not so sure Sox traning staff is very good.

Jerry tries to hire everyone on the cheap, for all we know LaRussa is doing this as a favor to Jerry, just so he can manage again.  I doubt Jerry pays top dollar for trainers so you get what you pay for.  Do you think Jerry would ever follow the Giants lead, take a look at this new 65 mil player development training complex they just opened https://ballparkdigest.com/2022/04/04/giants-unveil-new-papago-park-player-development-center/

Edited by A-Train to 35th
65 mil
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL I know what you mean . You didn't like Roberts approach so how did that translate to you not liking Judge or Freeman ? Their approaches are fine and they get results. They don't look to hit to RF, they hit the ball where it's pitched.

They probably look fastball like Hawk always used to talk about and then adjust to the pitch and they take the pitcher's approach to them into consideration. They look to drive the ball on any pitch and rarely approach 1 AB with anything specific in mind except for looking for their pitch. You should know where your happy spots are and look for something like that every time up and spit on pitches early in the count that aren't in those zones.

Pitch recognition is key to a good approach if you have trouble being able to tell the different between a slider and FB you're in trouble anyway so just take more pitches to increase your odds of getting something in your sweet spots. At least you'll be taking more walks and not swinging at so many pitches out of the zone. I see way too many swings on balls off the plate outside and inside. It's like some of these guys have no idea how to recognize pitches or are looking outside so much they can't drive a pitch in the middle of the plate. They get caught leaning.

I said I know what he means because of course, every hitting coach stresses using the whole field on certain pitches. My god, this Sox team would destroy the old school soft tossing lefties with their opposite field approach.  What they need to do is look for pitches they can hit out of the park.  Comparing Judge’s opposite field power with Vaughn’s is silly.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I said I know what he means because of course, every hitting coach stresses using the whole field on certain pitches. My god, this Sox team would destroy the old school soft tossing lefties with their opposite field approach.  What they need to do is look for pitches they can hit out of the park.  Comparing Judge’s opposite field power with Vaughn’s is silly.

Yep , like I said the hitter should know very keenly where his hot spots are. By that I mean pitches that he drives well not pitches where you might have a .333 batting average comprised of 90% singles. Singles are great with runners in scoring position but so are 3 run HR's.