8/11 Games

BamaDoc

17 minutes ago, bighurt4life said:

I’ve given up on the team this year, as long as TLR is manager anyways. I say preserve the service time and let him see AAA before a call up

I don't like the idea of rushing prospects, particularly to help *this* team, but Colas is old enough and he's dominating to such an extent that he might be ready for the bigs.

It'd be peak TLR for the Sox to promote Colas and then still have Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets etc playing in the outfield over him

8 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I don't like the idea of rushing prospects, particularly to help *this* team, but Colas is old enough and he's dominating to such an extent that he might be ready for the bigs.

It'd be peak TLR for the Sox to promote Colas and then still have Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets etc playing in the outfield over him

Yeah I just don’t get the slow approach with Colas. It’s obvious the talent/bat speed/everything else is there. Usually with prospects you worry about their mental maturity, but I don’t think Colas is a normal prospect in that regard either. We are talking about a kid who left home at 18 to play pro ball across the world. Not sure the moment will be too big for him 

I think with the difference in the ball this year, Colas would benefit from AAA time. It seems like his opponent taco yesterday is impossible with the mlb ball.  I am obviously as high on Colas as anyone on this board, but I don’t see the season as salvageable, so I’m fine with letting him acclimate. He should get a shot in 2023, though. Hopefully with a different manager and hitting coach.

• bmags unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I think with the difference in the ball this year, Colas would benefit from AAA time. It seems like his opponent taco yesterday is impossible with the mlb ball.  I am obviously as high on Colas as anyone on this board, but I don’t see the season as salvageable, so I’m fine with letting him acclimate. He should get a shot in 2023, though. Hopefully with a different manager and hitting coach.

Is there a difference in the ball between the minors and MLB ?

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yes.  I believe they use the minor league ball through AA, but then the MLB ball in AAA.  https://blogs.fangraphs.com/four-perspectives-how-do-mlb-and-milb-balls-differ/

That article is from 2017 though . That was 5 years ago. Unless you know of any specifics between the 2022 MLB and minor league ball where you can show the MiLB balls carry less can you really say for certain that it wouldn't have carried as far with the MLB ball ? I know humidors are also involved in MLB.