Jump to content

Boycott time (respectfully)


reiks12
 Share

Recommended Posts

 If you are a season ticket holder email and/or call the season ticketing office and Brooks Boyer bboyer@chisox.com stating you will not be renewing your season tickets for next season. If you are NOT a season ticket holder say you will refrain from attending games and buying merchandise until organizational changes have been made. Please do this respectfully, neither Brooks nor the person you are calling in the season ticket office have any control over this. Just state your displeasures and why you are cancelling.

If TLR wants to return to the team next season he will. He will also be bringing back Frank Menechino as that is likely the reason why he is still the hitting coach. Jerry will do anything TLR wants. This is the only thing fans can do to get back at this organization, hurting Jerry's pockets.

Hopefully with enough traction this can create a bit of noise. Spread the information to any other Sox fans who don't come on Reddit. If you do this please remember to be respectful to the White Sox employees.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

https://southsideshowdown.com/2019/02/22/white-sox-exposing-jerry-reinsdorf/  among others, this was just the first item that appeared in the google search

That's if attendance was to fall into the 800000~1.2 million range, yes?

Pretty sure that money has never actually been paid out since 1991.

More like an insurance clause.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

He makes money whether you attend or not and the increase is only marginal if you do.

Its worth a shot, im not asking you to pull up to the stadium to protest, just take 5 minutes of your time to let season ticket people know they wont have your money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Its worth a shot, im not asking you to pull up to the stadium to protest, just take 5 minutes of your time to let season ticket people know they wont have your money.

school and football season starting requires me to make an effort to go to a late season game.  I'll just do what I do best and give no effort

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

FYI Brooks replied to my email (not automated), and yes these kind of messages have an impact. Big respect to Brooks for answering me personally:

Quote

 

I am very aware of the how terrible this season is going.  I am also very aware of the frustrations our fans have with out Club.  I’m a fan too. 

 

We have certainly underperformed this season (maybe an understatement) so I get it if you and your GF choose not to attend games. 

 

Who knows what the scenario may be in late September.  Maybe something great happens and we play to our potential.  Hard to see that at this time. 

 

I would hate for you and the GF to not make a memory this summer enjoying a game experience but if it is only going to create frustration, I have to understand. 

 

I assume you know that I do not oversee the baseball operations part of our business so I am not trying to dodge that part of your note. 

 

Wish I had better things to write to make you feel better but it is a frustrating time. 

 

Appreciate you taking the time to send the note.

 

Brooks 

 

 

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 7
  • Fire 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

FYI Brooks replied to my email (not automated), and yes these kind of messages have an impact. Big respect to Brooks for answering me personally:

 

Brooks has always been excellent at his job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed Brooks, my ticket rep, and a few others when TLR was hired stating my disgust and my intention to boycott season tickets and merchandise.  I did get seemingly genuine answers from a few, but it was obvious the level to which they had to toe the company line and were powerless to do anything.  While it made me feel a bit better to vent, it just showed how insulated the higher ups were from any fan criticism/opinion.  I don't discourage anyone from calling/emailing/not renewing tickets etc, but temper your expectations for change.  I would love for any fan action to impact their decision making for the better, but it's not something I could ever truly expect to make a difference.  Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand the frustration, and the idea of a boycott or something similar makes sense. However, this is an organization in complete denial. And fan criticism only makes them circle the wagons more. The real frustrating thing is that it appeared the rebuild was going to work, that attendance would increase, the team would win a hell of a lot more, and the White Sox would look like a class major league franchise. Instead, baseball people and fans wonder what is wrong with this team, and Tony LaRussa can barely get his ass out of the dugout.  The rebuild is becoming a failure, and things will only worsen unless there are big changes. But there is no indication of any change. Instead, the FO watches the club go out and embarrass itself and then pretend everything is fine. Yes, .500 at the 112-game mark is just fine. All you have to do is pretend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kind of ridiculous to suggest or consider this option. I really don’t think this a GM or ownership problem. Injuries to key players and others not performing to expectations are the main concern 

  • Haha 4
  • TLR 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Kind of ridiculous to suggest or consider this option. I really don’t think this a GM or ownership problem. Injuries to key players and others not performing to expectations are the main concern 

A whole phalanx of players don't suddenly start "not performing to expectations" at the same time by coincidence. There are clearly larger issues.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Highland said:

 And fan criticism only makes them circle the wagons more.

I think there's a point where the fan criticism becomes so pervasive that it becomes an embarrassment for the organization and I think today got us very close to that if not there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Superstar Lamar said:

https://southsideshowdown.com/2019/02/22/white-sox-exposing-jerry-reinsdorf/  among others, this was just the first item that appeared in the google search

In 2021 gate revenue accounted for 25% of their revenue. What do you think concessions and parking accounted for? Not going to games absolutely impacts their profit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Kind of ridiculous to suggest or consider this option. I really don’t think this a GM or ownership problem. Injuries to key players and others not performing to expectations are the main concern 

I liked your posts yesterday, now your back to delusion. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I emailed Brooks, my ticket rep, and a few others when TLR was hired stating my disgust and my intention to boycott season tickets and merchandise.  I did get seemingly genuine answers from a few, but it was obvious the level to which they had to toe the company line and were powerless to do anything.  While it made me feel a bit better to vent, it just showed how insulated the higher ups were from any fan criticism/opinion.  I don't discourage anyone from calling/emailing/not renewing tickets etc, but temper your expectations for change.  I would love for any fan action to impact their decision making for the better, but it's not something I could ever truly expect to make a difference.  Just my 2 cents.

I find it interesting how different Brooks’s message in this thread sounds from their November 2020 replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

FYI Brooks replied to my email (not automated), and yes these kind of messages have an impact. Big respect to Brooks for answering me personally:

 

We need more people like Brooks in the front office. That's awesome that he responded to you like that. Mad respect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

We need more people like Brooks in the front office. That's awesome that he responded to you like that. Mad respect.

We have been talking back and forth, i think we are best friends now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

A whole phalanx of players don't suddenly start "not performing to expectations" at the same time by coincidence. There are clearly larger issues.

When you try and prove a point with broad descriptive words it begs the need to be specific with your answer. If you know something tell us what it is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...