Jump to content

Boycott time (respectfully)


reiks12
 Share

Recommended Posts

The worse part in all of this is the fact that the Cubs suck right now…an aggressive Sox team had a chance to own this decade and put a real test on who the major market Chicago team really is. They can still do that but boy did they fuck up those odds big time. 
 

I go back to Harper…said it a million times…I would have rolled the truck up For him. He was a name, a face of baseball and the type of person people just go out to watch play and they legit could have had him. Manny is and was the better player but Harpers star power would have been huge in the battle for the media market but Sox are fine being small fish in big pond. They could have went for the kill so many times but never did…and it isn’t changing with this owner. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

When you try and prove a point with broad descriptive words it begs the need to be specific with your answer. If you know something tell us what it is 

I don't have any inside information, I'm just noting that it's extremely unlikely that so many players would coincidentally get so much worse at the same time. Organizational problems, whether in managing, physical conditioning, or both, is a much more likely explanation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

 

I go back to Harper…said it a million times…I would have rolled the truck up For him. He was a name, a face of baseball and the type of person people just go out to watch play and they legit could have had him. Manny is and was the better player but Harpers star power would have been huge in the battle for the media market but Sox are fine being small fish in big pond. They could have went for the kill so many times but never did…and it isn’t changing with this owner. 

Outside of the collapse of this season, not getting Bryce Harper (my personal favorite player) has been the biggest disappointment for me, in recent Sox history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The worse part in all of this is the fact that the Cubs suck right now…an aggressive Sox team had a chance to own this decade and put a real test on who the major market Chicago team really is. They can still do that but boy did they fuck up those odds big time. 
 

I go back to Harper…said it a million times…I would have rolled the truck up For him. He was a name, a face of baseball and the type of person people just go out to watch play and they legit could have had him. Manny is and was the better player but Harpers star power would have been huge in the battle for the media market but Sox are fine being small fish in big pond. They could have went for the kill so many times but never did…and it isn’t changing with this owner. 

Your second paragraph is why I always wanted Harper more.  A signing that could have altered the trajectory of the franchise if we had ownership that could get out of their own dammed way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 2019 offseason is such a defining moment of the end of the JR/KW/Hahn era.

After finally clearing the decks, playing bare minimum salaries for a few years, they got to play in a market for 2 young, marquee free agents that rarely become available during a time when they Red Sox, Yankees and dodgers largely tapped out due to their years in the tax.

And most of all, it would finally answer years long holes in 3b/2b and RF that we had tried to plug with c level free agents.

Three years later, our RF is being filled with powerless DHs. Hahn wasted $16 million to try and fill it with an aging, oft injured vet. 2B is occupied by a 35 year old bargain bin free agent.

We’ve dfa’d tens of millions and gotten 0 production in our quest to show the other owners that it’s UNWISE to break the bank on one player. It’s better to waste your money over several players as a retirement gift to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

The 2019 offseason is such a defining moment of the end of the JR/KW/Hahn era.

After finally clearing the decks, playing bare minimum salaries for a few years, they got to play in a market for 2 young, marquee free agents that rarely become available during a time when they Red Sox, Yankees and dodgers largely tapped out due to their years in the tax.

And most of all, it would finally answer years long holes in 3b/2b and RF that we had tried to plug with c level free agents.

Three years later, our RF is being filled with powerless DHs. Hahn wasted $16 million to try and fill it with an aging, oft injured vet. 2B is occupied by a 35 year old bargain bin free agent.

We’ve dfa’d tens of millions and gotten 0 production in our quest to show the other owners that it’s UNWISE to break the bank on one player. It’s better to waste your money over several players as a retirement gift to them.

Yea but the money was spent just like RH said! He gave out extensions to most of the young, yet unproven, core and threw millions at a bunch of middle relievers YAY! Now the chickens have come home to roost 🫠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Sox have significantly regressed across the field the past two seasons, despite a massive increase in payroll. Centerfield (Robert improving on his rookie season) and Designated Hitter (Fly Parrot Fly - A Rick Hahn Production) are the lone two positions which have improved over the past two seasons.

Yes, the Sox have regressed after replacing Nomar Mazara, Nick Madrigal and James McCann during their "multi-championship window".

White Sox Positions which became worse: Ricky's Final Season vs. Tony's First Two Seasons

(Source: MLB Team Ranks by Position - Fangraphs - fWAR)

Catcher: 2020 1st 3.0 vs. 2021 11th 3.1 and 2022 14th 1.1

First Base: 2020 2nd 2.9 vs. 2021 12th 2.7 and 2022 5th 3.3

Second Base: 2020 9th 1.1 vs. 2021 23rd 1.4 and 2022 26th 0.2

Third Base: 2020 12th 1.3 vs. 2021 8th 4.3 and 2022 24th 0.5

Shortstop: 2020 3rd 3.0 vs. 2021 10th 4.6 and 2022 8th 3.0

Leftfield: 2020 10th 1.5 vs. 2021 24th 0.7 and 2022 23rd 0.4

Centerfield: 2020 14th 1.2 vs. 2021 7th 4.8 and 2022 11th 2.6

Rightfield: 2020 17th 1.0 vs. 2021 24th 0.4 and 2022 21st 0.4

Designated Hitter: 2020 28th -0.9 vs. 2021* 10th 1.1 and 2022 13th 1.1

Note *: 2021 was the lone year of the three the DH was not used in both leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Sox have observers here and this is all going on your permanent records. You will not be allowed to purchase multiple tix when the multiple World Series are played.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Sox have observers here and this is all going on your permanent records. You will not be allowed to purchase multiple tix when the multiple World Series are played.

Not worried, no World Series will occur until Jerry, Hahn and Tony are gone. I suspect all White Sox fan "permanent records" will be expunged at that time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Sox have observers here and this is all going on your permanent records. You will not be allowed to purchase multiple tix when the multiple World Series are played.

Leave it to the Sox to threaten their fans.  Pretty sure the Reds don’t even do that.  Maybe the A’s moving to Vegas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, reiks12 said:

 If you are a season ticket holder email and/or call the season ticketing office and Brooks Boyer bboyer@chisox.com stating you will not be renewing your season tickets for next season. If you are NOT a season ticket holder say you will refrain from attending games and buying merchandise until organizational changes have been made. Please do this respectfully, neither Brooks nor the person you are calling in the season ticket office have any control over this. Just state your displeasures and why you are cancelling.

If TLR wants to return to the team next season he will. He will also be bringing back Frank Menechino as that is likely the reason why he is still the hitting coach. Jerry will do anything TLR wants. This is the only thing fans can do to get back at this organization, hurting Jerry's pockets.

Hopefully with enough traction this can create a bit of noise. Spread the information to any other Sox fans who don't come on Reddit. If you do this please remember to be respectful to the White Sox employees.

 

I already made up my mind and told the family I won't be renewing next year if there's no changes in the dugout, but I'll email Brooks to let him know as well.

Thanks!

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The worse part in all of this is the fact that the Cubs suck right now…an aggressive Sox team had a chance to own this decade and put a real test on who the major market Chicago team really is. They can still do that but boy did they fuck up those odds big time. 
 

I go back to Harper…said it a million times…I would have rolled the truck up For him. He was a name, a face of baseball and the type of person people just go out to watch play and they legit could have had him. Manny is and was the better player but Harpers star power would have been huge in the battle for the media market but Sox are fine being small fish in big pond. They could have went for the kill so many times but never did…and it isn’t changing with this owner. 

But we were all in on Ohtani!........what a smokescreen to justify not signing anyone except Diekman at the deadline

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I don't have any inside information, I'm just noting that it's extremely unlikely that so many players would coincidentally get so much worse at the same time. Organizational problems, whether in managing, physical conditioning, or both, is a much more likely explanation.

elrockinMT......We all see what's wrong with this team, we don't need to be "inside the room" or have "insider information" to know what we see with our eyes.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...