8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech

KrankinSox

• bmags pinned this topic

Cant wait!! 

Seriously though -- actively choosing to not involve the white sox in a beautiful summer night. On paper this has the makings of a blowout ... lefty who's struggled and been in and out of the rotation, cut by teams, in and out of the league. Abreu absolutely tees off on him historically. that said, he was a former 1st round pick ... involved in the david price trade ... and if he's ever going to find his form i'm sure it'll be tonight and TLR will just say he had his "stuff" today. 

If there's a franchise in more disarray than the sox right now its the tigers who took a nice window they had too and just absolutely shut it on their own hands with that javy baez albatross contract. If we walk away with anything less than a sweep it's a disaster weekend. 

Even if they sweep, i will not watch this team unless they then take 2/3 from Houston. Take 5/6 and I'll start caring. 

#firetony&frank

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

“Beaten by the guy who lives in a van down by the river.”

Need to tick that box off.

Norris's family has owned a bicycle shop in Johnson City, Tennessee, for more than 80 years. In the offseason, Norris lives by choice in a 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia van, nicknamed "Shaggy.” His unconventional lifestyle can be described as nonconformist and minimalist, and has raised eyebrows in MLB.

• Fire 1

39 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Cant wait!! 

Seriously though -- actively choosing to not involve the white sox in a beautiful summer night. On paper this has the makings of a blowout ... lefty who's struggled and been in and out of the rotation, cut by teams, in and out of the league. Abreu absolutely tees off on him historically. that said, he was a former 1st round pick ... involved in the david price trade ... and if he's ever going to find his form i'm sure it'll be tonight and TLR will just say he had his "stuff" today. 

If there's a franchise in more disarray than the sox right now its the tigers who took a nice window they had too and just absolutely shut it on their own hands with that javy baez albatross contract. If we walk away with anything less than a sweep it's a disaster weekend. 

Even if they sweep, i will not watch this team unless they then take 2/3 from Houston. Take 5/6 and I'll start caring. 

#firetony&frank

Wonder if TLR is gone after this season if Hinch would jump ship from Detroit to take the Sox job? Do the sox even want him at this point?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

This seems like about the time when they'll take 4/6 from Detroit and Houston, and then follow that up by losing 2/3 to Cleveland, thus winding up still a few games back and yet only 1 game above .500.

Houston is a 4 game series so 7 total between Tigers and Astros.

Can the Sox go 5-2? Probably not, but they fucking need to.

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Houston is a 4 game series so 7 total between Tigers and Astros.

Can the Sox go 5-2? Probably not, but they fucking need to.

4/7 out of them then, thanks. Didna check that schedule specifically enough.

They needed to go 5-2 against the Royals and Tigers and have already lost 3 games there. Blah. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Highland said:

Going to the game tonight but not expecting a win despite the matchups. I do expect the beer to be cold, but who knows?

"Well the fans just aren't coming out like we had hoped, so unfortunately, we don't have the funds necessary to keep the refrigeration units running at full capacity, so..." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A miserable season of White Sox baseball continues to be plodding along and every so often the team offers up a glimmer of hope that things can be turned around. Will that be today? Maybe, maybe not. With that said you can almost certainly count on Chicago to tantalize us fans with an occasional win or two and then abruptly return to form as a head scratching, mind boggling lackluster shell of a very mediocre team in 2022. The White Sox do have some talented players but upper management and coaching staff have been so detrimenal and demoralizing in their actions that it's clear nobody gives a damn but the fans and even a good many of the fans are throwing in the towel.  What a nightmare!!!