8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech

KrankinSox

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

This pitching will keep this team at least at .500.  Unfortunately the Guardians might start running away with this.

What's sad is if you combined last year's offense with this year's ability to actually play fairly well in close games, the combined team would actually be really really good. 

Just now, chw42 said:

What's sad is if you combined last year's offense with this year's ability to actually play fairly well in close games, the combined team would actually be really really good. 

2023?

1 minute ago, wegner said:

2023?

Unfortunately, Grandal seems cooked, so there goes that 5 WAR he gave you last year. 

MLB needs to juice the ball again if this group is ever gonna go back to being an entertaining bunch on offense. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Grandal's going to be valuable if he keeps piling up walks like this, even if it isn't aesthetically pleasing to watch

That's who he was last year, just he could actually hit.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Grandal's going to be valuable if he keeps piling up walks like this, even if it isn't aesthetically pleasing to watch

Pre-injury Grandal was fine last year. Not pretty to watch, but he did something nobody else on the team did (walk) and hit for power when he needed to. Unfortunately for Yaz, his power has pretty much disappeared. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Unfortunately, Grandal seems cooked, so there goes that 5 WAR he gave you last year. 

MLB needs to juice the ball again if this group is ever gonna go back to being an entertaining bunch on offense. 

I'm hoping Grandal is hurt and it's not that he's done.  He was crucial to that offense last season.  I realize that might be a false hope.

Just now, chw42 said:

Pre-injury Grandal was fine last year. Not pretty to watch, but he did something nobody else on the team did (walk) and hit for power when he needed to. Unfortunately for Yaz, his power has pretty much disappeared. 

And Post injury Grandal was a world beater offensively. 

Just now, wegner said:

I'm hoping Grandal is hurt and it's not that he's done.  He was crucial to that offense last season.  I realize that might be a false hope.

No chance his fall off at the plate isn't injury related. I think the question is whether he's permanently cooked, can recover this year, if it'll take an off-season to get right, etc