8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Can you imagine if Yoan pulled something like that? This board might actually call for him to be stoned. 

Stone is too expensive these days....I'd ban him from the nightclubs for 4 days though.

Just now, wegner said:

Stone is too expensive these days....I'd ban him from the nightclubs for 4 days though.

Better yet, make him wear a shirt with his triple slash on it. That should be pretty embarrassing. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But for the wrong reason. Taking Kopech out was not anything close to terrible.

Modern baseball should be ashamed of itself. Why can't a guy throw as many pitches as needed to attain a no hitter? Combined no hitters should not even be celebrated. One pitcher throws a no hitter? That's time to rejoice. Too bad we will see very very few in the future. Maybe none. No manager will risk pitching a guy more than the 90-100 pitches especially if a guy has had surgery before.

Oh for the good ol days of baseball.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 2

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with sending down Sosa, but the alternative is Romy Gonzalez. Who is (probably) not good and also might not even be 100% healthy.

Why does it have to be Romy Gonzalez as the alternative? He is hitting .204 at Charlotte. Why can't they give Yolbert Sanchez a chance? He hit .355 at Birmingham and is hitting .280 at Charlotte. He can play 2nd or SS. They gave Sosa a try and he is probably not ready. What could it hurt to try Sanchez?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Why does it have to be Romy Gonzalez as the alternative? He is hitting .204 at Charlotte. Why can't they give Yolbert Sanchez a chance? He hit .355 at Birmingham and is hitting .280 at Charlotte. He can play 2nd or SS. They gave Sosa a try and he is probably not ready. What could it hurt to try Sanchez?

I'm fine with giving Yolbert a shot, but he has an 80 wRC+ in Charlotte. Very unlikely he's the solution to any of the White Sox problems.

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with giving Yolbert a shot, but he has an 80 wRC+ in Charlotte. Very unlikely he's the solution to any of the White Sox problems.

Here’s you solution…

Dearest White Sox,

Please hit the fucking baseball. 

Sincerely,

- Your Fans

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Highland said:

Harrison plays his ass off every game. Hustles and dives for anything. He'll hit another HR before Grandal does.

He chokes a lot with runners at 1st and 3rd and one out or less

Someone posted it the other day and he had one or two more since then

he is like 1-14 in those situations.

looked it up - in those situations, Harrison has driven home the runner 2 out of 14 times - 14.3%

That's beyond shitty.

Edited by harkness99