8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech

Just now, almagest said:

Sosa just not competitive at this level. Hoping this is just the malaise of this team/growing pains and not a sign that he's a AAAA player

In the limited number of at bats we’ve seen from both in the majors, Romy seemed more ready

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Sosa always struggles when he's getting adjusted to a new level. Just give him some time to settle in before overreacting. Especially when the alternative to him at SS is Leury.

Odds are he won't cut it here. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

“Great night at the ball park so far. Lot of fun this Friday.” 

Lol gmafb Jason. 

Incredible that Kopech pitched 6 no hit innings with 11 K's, the Sox are (likely) going to win, and it still feels like a joyless game

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Sosa just not competitive at this level. Hoping this is just the malaise of this team/growing pains and not a sign that he's a AAAA player

He’s like 22. The big leagues is hard. Way too early to talk AAAA player BS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once again we fail to score with a man at third and less than two outs.  Harrison taking full cuts and striking out.  All we needed was contact.  Sosa has been really bad. I would prefer Leury back.  Don’t believe I wrote that!,,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Wins are exhausting, losses are annoying 

There was a time that I could watch a .500 Sox club and enjoy it. I don't know if I'll ever go back to that. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

In the limited number of at bats we’ve seen from both in the majors, Romy seemed more ready

If they swapped out Romy that'd be fine with me, but he's been bad in Charlotte (very small sample, but still) since getting healthy

Just now, wegner said:

It was for defensive purposes.

Oh, I know why it was done. It is still a sentence that should NEVER be muttered in Major League Baseball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Once again we fail to score with a man at third and less than two outs.  Harrison taking full cuts and striking out.  All we needed was contact.  Sosa has been really bad. I would prefer Leury back.  Don’t believe I wrote that!,,

Not as easy to find a Leury replacement as I thought.