Jump to content

8/12 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Norris v. Kopech


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Can you imagine if Yoan pulled something like that? This board might actually call for him to be stoned. 

Stone is too expensive these days....I'd ban him from the nightclubs for 4 days though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wegner said:

Stone is too expensive these days....I'd ban him from the nightclubs for 4 days though.

Better yet, make him wear a shirt with his triple slash on it. That should be pretty embarrassing. 

  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

They brought the night club to him tonight

He might never leave.

Watch your wives and daughters, Yoan is not leaving the stadium 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Can you imagine if Yoan pulled something like that? This board might actually call for him to be stoned. 

I can't imagine Yoan playing till he's 39 with a great career where he can't exactly motor it down the line any more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Invite Avi up from Miami.  Davey Martinez, too.

I wasn't aware Avi had that reputation.  Interesting.

I was aware of Davey. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I wasn't aware Avi had that reputation.  Interesting.

I was aware of Davey. 😁

Prince Fielder's wife.

That's the next box to tick off for Tatis this year.  Maybe there's an ethics clause to negate his deal.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, almagest said:

He had completely non-competitive at-bats against what amounts to a AAA team. I don't expect him to tear it up but he looks AWFUL.

Don’t disagree but it’s 3 games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Harrison is such a heads up player. What a play to end it!!

Harrison plays his ass off every game. Hustles and dives for anything. He'll hit another HR before Grandal does.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But for the wrong reason. Taking Kopech out was not anything close to terrible.

Modern baseball should be ashamed of itself. Why can't a guy throw as many pitches as needed to attain a no hitter? Combined no hitters should not even be celebrated. One pitcher throws a no hitter? That's time to rejoice. Too bad we will see very very few in the future. Maybe none. No manager will risk pitching a guy more than the 90-100 pitches especially if a guy has had surgery before.

Oh for the good ol days of baseball.

  • Like 2
  • Hawk 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with sending down Sosa, but the alternative is Romy Gonzalez. Who is (probably) not good and also might not even be 100% healthy.

Why does it have to be Romy Gonzalez as the alternative? He is hitting .204 at Charlotte. Why can't they give Yolbert Sanchez a chance? He hit .355 at Birmingham and is hitting .280 at Charlotte. He can play 2nd or SS. They gave Sosa a try and he is probably not ready. What could it hurt to try Sanchez?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Why does it have to be Romy Gonzalez as the alternative? He is hitting .204 at Charlotte. Why can't they give Yolbert Sanchez a chance? He hit .355 at Birmingham and is hitting .280 at Charlotte. He can play 2nd or SS. They gave Sosa a try and he is probably not ready. What could it hurt to try Sanchez?

I'm fine with giving Yolbert a shot, but he has an 80 wRC+ in Charlotte. Very unlikely he's the solution to any of the White Sox problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm fine with giving Yolbert a shot, but he has an 80 wRC+ in Charlotte. Very unlikely he's the solution to any of the White Sox problems.

Here’s you solution…

Dearest White Sox,

Please hit the fucking baseball. 
 

Sincerely,

- Your Fans

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Highland said:

Harrison plays his ass off every game. Hustles and dives for anything. He'll hit another HR before Grandal does.

He chokes a lot with runners at 1st and 3rd and one out or less

 

Someone posted it the other day and he had one or two more since then

 

he is like 1-14 in those situations.

 

looked it up - in those situations, Harrison has driven home the runner 2 out of 14 times - 14.3%

 

That's beyond shitty.

Edited by harkness99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...