Fernando Tatis suspended 80 Games for PEDs

Balta1701

You know who's having a worse day than all of us?

The kid whose parents named him after Tatis.
BAH

I already regret the Tatis shirt I bought my son a few weeks ago.
I just realized Tatis fulfilled the Madden cover curse, but for MLB The Show.

(Edited)
I bought a Jersey 2 months before the Padres played in Florida for n August . It arrived during the postseason after they had dropped so far. Never wore it. Was gonna break it out this year now it will be at least 2 years old when I first put it on.If ever.
(Edited)
This is why I will only ever buy retired players jerseys or my own custom. They can't be traded, they can't go elsewhere, and disappointment has already been processed (unless it's an O.J. or Tony LaRussa situation).
(Edited)
I would hope if Tatis killed someone people wouldn't blame Preller for that too
Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Hahn can now brag he didn’t trade away a future HOF player

But this begs the question… is the player that was traded even the same guy if he starts juicing after the trade? Reminds of when the Sox traded Sammy Sosa. White Sox Sosa was a different guy than Cubs Sosa. Completely different human beings really.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Soxfest said:

Immature guy with issue after issue 

I’ve been saying it for awhile. That contract is going to look like a complete albatross in the near future. And the “fleecing of Hahn” is actually going to be a significant burden on the Padres in the future. Isn’t it ironic?

10 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Surely they can send that out with season ticket renewal notices...

1) Most publicity for Padres in franchise history in one week...well maybe 1984 World Series.

2) Team will rally together..."this is my team on the court/field" effect.  Kim, Profar and now Grisham playing with confidence.  Nobody will wait for Tatis to come back and save the franchise.

3) Tatis will have to work harder than he ever has because of the cloud of suspicion hanging over next season and even the validity of his contract.

4) Team has easiest schedule in baseball the next three weeks.

Fathom asked for "spin," lol.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’ve been saying it for awhile. That contract is going to look like a complete albatross in the near future. And the “fleecing of Hahn” is actually going to be a significant burden on the Padres in the future. Isn’t it ironic?

You're right, amazing trade by Rick. Bravo. 

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

At any rate, they now have a lot of payroll flexibility for 2023 that they didn’t previously have.

Steve Stone Sox spin would be that they couldn’t count on him to stay healthy…shoulder subluxations, etc., and Tatis refused adamantly offseason surgery to address that injury.  So it was still going to be a lingering concern.

Which means Preller will simply double down and go after Correa or Trea Turner, who started his career with the Padres.

Or be fired first for not doing due diligence and exposing Padres/Seidler to that long-term contract obligation.

Not really. He was only making $5M this season and $7M next season so he isn’t losing much and the Padres aren’t gaining much, relatively speaking. Unfortunately for the Padres, they heavily backloaded his contract. Ouch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Not really. He was only making $5M this season and $7M next season so he isn’t losing much and the Padres aren’t gaining much, relatively speaking. Unfortunately for the Padres, they heavily backloaded his contract. Ouch.

Fraudnando

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sports-columnists/story/2022-08-12/padres-fernando-tatis-jr-drug-suspension-juan-soto-homecoming

Column: Fernando Tatis Jr. shows generational immaturity, selfishness with drug suspension

Didn't inform Preller personally.

Overshadowed Soto/Bell homecoming to Washington.

Padres just changed zip code of ballpark area to Cloud Nine, lol.

New Public Enemy #1 to replace Machado

Edited by caulfield12