Luis Robert hurt. Again.

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

So he needs to be 100% to take the field.  I'm getting fucking tired of him

No La Pantera - Tigre de papel 

That appears to be the case. Nothing will get Sox fans to turn against a player more quickly than if they think he's dogging it. And the organization isn't helping matters by apparently "babying" guys....at least that can be the perception.

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That appears to be the case. Nothing will get Sox fans to turn against a player more quickly than if they think he's dogging it. And the organization isn't helping matters by apparently "babying" guys....at least that can be the perception.

Sounds like he’s not able to swing full strength yet.  They really botched this once again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think it is a Tony decision

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Then IL him.

WTF is wrong with this organization that they constantly play shorthanded? It's been 7 days and they STILL CAN'T evaluate how close he is to return? Fire the whole fucking training staff, because they clearly have no idea how to do their jobs.

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 2

28 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Then IL him.

WTF is wrong with this organization that they constantly play shorthanded? It's been 7 days and they STILL CAN'T evaluate how close he is to return? Fire the whole fucking training staff, because they clearly have no idea how to do their jobs.

I've been saying for the last few years the medical, training and conditioning staffs need to be totally replaced. Not just one of two guys, the entire departments. 

Regarding Robert specifically, remember all the confusion and misinformation over the "lightheadedness"? 

Edited by Lip Man 1

Just now, Hang Wiffem said:

Is there not a replacement level outfielder with full use of all of his limbs somewhere in this organization?

Trainer: “hey does his swing look weird to you?”
TLR: “uh what? Huh, oh no I’m pretty sure he’s always done that. “

WHY THE FUCK IS ROBERT PLAYING? HE CAN'T EVEN HOLD A FUCKING BAT! The negligence and incompetence in this organization is INFURIATING AND NAUSEATING. Honestly, I hope guys like Moncada, Robert, Vaughn, Cease, etc. all get traded to a real organization. This team doesn't deserve good things. They just don't. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

27 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im going to take back all my comments saying Robert doesnt want to play. He clearly cant.

I blame the org for not ILing him and telling the truth. I really hate this FO and management, my god is it unbearable 

This training staff, coaching staff, and front office have done Robert a real disservice. We should and probably are the laughing stock of the league

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

3 hours ago, Hang Wiffem said:

Is there not a replacement level outfielder with full use of all of his limbs somewhere in this organization?

Cespedes and Colas fit the bill, but the team doesn’t want to rush. Sept call ups should be happening, especially now if they had something. Rutherford has been a born AAA player. I don’t know though, a little cup of coffee for Cespedes or Colas to get their feet wet shouldn’t  hurt anything. 

It was interesting to me seeing a bunch of people call him a pussy when you watch the replay and see his wrist go sideways off of Schoops leg.  His wrist is killing him right now he can’t complete his swing motion unless it’s perfect 

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

8 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This training staff, coaching staff, and front office have done Robert a real disservice. We should and probably are the laughing stock of the league

Probably.......they have been since they hired the sleepy drunk. Many including myself wanted to think he would be fine but it is undeniably an unmitigated disaster.