8/13 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Manning v. Giolito

soxfan49

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL too many people here eat their young. He's had an ERA under 3.50 , 3 years in a row then this year. Not great but certainly not terrible . Those 3 years are actually a very solid #3 guy.

2019 was a good year and it has been a slow decline since and banning the sticky stuff impacted him more than others.  I hope you are correct but believe his better days are behind him.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Our track and field relay team of Eloy, Abreu, Grandal, Vaughn and Sheets hitting back to back is brutal.

So true, you can add Yoan also with his speed disappearing.  Hard to score considering the lack of power.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So true, you can add Yoan also with his speed disappearing.  Hard to score considering the lack of power.

The fast guys also don't run hard unless they really have to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

2019 was a good year and it has been a slow decline since and banning the sticky stuff impacted him more than others.  I hope you are correct but believe his better days are behind him.

Suffice it to say he's not looking like a candidate to start a far-distant playoff game...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

10 hits, 9 singles

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Sox actually have 10 hits with 9 singles. The only non single was Sheets hitting a ball down the line to the opposite field. 

Yeah, I'm dumb and was looking at DETs hit total while looking at our hit type. Even worse than I said.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Crazy Engel is only one over thirty for sprint speed.

Anderson has game situation speed but not in the elite category anymore. 

Robert hard to tell if holding back or what's up with him.

Then again, there were guys like Madrigal that scouts considered fast for no apparent reason.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Crazy Engel is only one over thirty for sprint speed.

Anderson has game situation speed but not in the elite category anymore. 

Robert hard to tell if holding back or what's up with him.

Then again, there were guys like Madrigal that scouts considered fast for no apparent reason.

Anderson would be top 90% if he actually ran as fast as he can all the time.