8/14 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Alexander v. Lynn

soxfan49

Can they keep this winning streak going? I say yes while realizing there is nothing consistent about this team other then knowing at some point in a game they will have us fans expressing our displeasure in whatever bad decisions the coaches and players are sure to make during a game.

Edited by whitesoxwin
  • Like 1

I've been as down in the Sox as anyone over the last few weeks, but if they somehow miraculously make the postseason, I believe they legitimately have a chance at a run. Their rotation is definitely their strength, and teams with deep rotations usually go deep into the postseason. 

Lynn looking good early on. But then again, Detroit can make any pitching staff look good.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

I watched the 2020 Sox homer YouTube video this morning.  It’s amazing how juiced the ball was and also how electric Yoan was early in that season.

I still remember him homering off Berrios on opening day and his helmet nearly falling off. 

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Nah his stuff is looking good regardless. Movement has been better than it has been all season.

His stuff has ticked up recently. He just ends up giving up homers on his cutter or sinker here or there. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

Was watching this game earlier on MLB extra innings, and they quoted Francona saying he is not resting players this weekend as there is too much at stake.  Quite opposite of TLR cavalier attitude.

Their hustle is incredible