Momentum or Big Tease?

Texsox

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

They were playing Detroit. Detroit is trbl. The Sox will be lucky to win 2 games this week or score 10 runs total. 

Houston and Cleveland will beat them up and take their lunch money. 

100%.. only way they can suck me back into this season is if they win 4 out 7 or better this week 

1 hour ago, T R U said:

I like how these guys are beating their chests about sweeping Detroit at home. And not even convincingly either, another pathetic offensive showing. 

Look this team hasn't shown any pride or ego this year and it has shown.  If it takes beating Detroit to get them thinking big again,  it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I think it's a big ass tease but I am roped back in again. Houston will probably kick their ass, but who knows. What I do know is, I'm going to that game on Tuesday. Verlander vs Cease, probably the top 2 pitchers in the running for Cy Young going head-to-head. That is going to be some must-watch baseball. And if memory serves the Sox actually did pretty well against Verlander last time they faced him. I know Abreu usually crushes the guy. So maybe I'll get lucky.

I'll be bringing my tigers fan friend with me. He's stoked to see Verlander pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

24-17 since July 1st. Guardians are 22-19 since then, Twins are an abysmal 15-19.

Sox have 47 games left and if they all go at the same percentage they have since July 1 Sox catch and virtually tie the guardians in late September.

This is going down to the final week no matter what. 

Cleveland's final 6 games are at home against the Royals thanks to the lockout so that will be tough

I'm such a sap but I feel good after that series. Pitching was promising. And the Sox finally have learned how to beat a Central team, Detroit. Finally. What got me happy is Pollock is starting to hit a bit better. It's pretty simple. Some of the Sox automatic outs can really spark this team if they start hitting.

I do think Sox will remain crap team on the road. But I am a sap and hopeful we can somehow win this horsecrap division. Sox probably won't but what the heck.

4 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cleveland's final 6 games are at home against the Royals thanks to the lockout so that will be tough

If the Guardians take 3/4 or 4/4 from the Tigers coming into this weekend and Sox struggle with HOU, it’s going to be pretty darned tough to recover from a really poor effort against CLE.

Baltimore threatens to run them over, too.

Guardians have 6 of final 9 against KC and Tampa.

Sox have 6 of final 9 against the Twins and 3 with San Diego.  Maybe the Padres try to lose to avoid facing 4 ATL instead of 3 seed StL/Milwaukee NL Central winner. 

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look this team hasn't shown any pride or ego this year and it has shown.  If it takes beating Detroit to get them thinking big again,  it doesn't matter.

Agreed. 

Somewhere in a Chicago hotel an Astro player is saying " well bless their hearts, they're thinking they can play with a real championship caliber team. That's as sweet as Texas tea." 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

I'm such a sap but I feel good after that series. Pitching was promising. And the Sox finally have learned how to beat a Central team, Detroit. Finally. What got me happy is Pollock is starting to hit a bit better. It's pretty simple. Some of the Sox automatic outs can really spark this team if they start hitting.

I do think Sox will remain crap team on the road. But I am a sap and hopeful we can somehow win this horsecrap division. Sox probably won't but what the heck.

Can we get the local police to conduct a wellness check on G7? Someone is clearly posting for him. 

• Like 1

i feel absolutely no momentum after the weekend. 

want to know how I know we're not a contender? A real world series contender would EXPECT a sweep of the tigers and then a 3/4 at home against another contender. a split would be considered a disappointment,. For us, a split would be considered a good outcome and we're expecting to lose 3/4. Until that mindset changes, we're not a contender. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, he gone. said:

i feel absolutely no momentum after the weekend. 

want to know how I know we're not a contender? A real world series contender would EXPECT a sweep of the tigers and then a 3/4 at home against another contender. a split would be considered a disappointment,. For us, a split would be considered a good outcome and we're expecting to lose 3/4. Until that mindset changes, we're not a contender. 

Not just a sweep.... but a sweep where you wouldn't have to tax your high-leverage BP arms.

15 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Cueto said they needed more fire. The manager said they didn't. Vaughn said they needed more fire

Seems like a lot of these guys (unsurprisingly) think La Russa is a dipshit

Yeah let's see, who should we trust on the statement the Sox need more fire, long time veteran Cueto and Vaughn who plays with passion, or perhaps the sleepy and clueless manager? How the f'*#k world TLR know about more passion and fire? Most of the time he is falling asleep in the dugout or mumbling half sentences incoherently. 

• Like 1

The sweep of the hapless Tigers was nice.  They've played shitty teams in the past and struggled, so this was a good result.  But we've also seen this team play well for a stretch and then lie down and play TLR's game and get slaughtered.

A split with Houston is the absolute minimum this team needs in order to keep the momentum.  And winning tonight would be even better.  Set the table for tomorrow's huge pitching match-up.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm going to the thursday day game with my boys. Made those plans a long time ago. I think by then we'll know whether we need to care about the rest of the season or not.

Best chance for a Sox win, especially if the Astros already win a couple. Day game after night game, travel day- going to Atlanta.  Probably will have a couple Astros starters getting an off day.