McGuire Throws Shade at Sox Clubhouse

CWSpalehoseCWS

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I tried to find the article, but was unsuccessful. On Waddle & Silvy today, they shared that Reese was quoted throwing a little shade towards the Sox lack of effort. This is now the 4th player (?) to say something? 

Pathetic.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/despite-sting-losing-vazquez-sox-111800232.html

"Obviously the events that led to him getting here hurt, we lost Vazqy, a guy who's been here for 15 years, but looking forward from that moment, Reese fits us perfectly," Arroyo said. "He's a good baseball player, he's got a good IQ when it comes to the game and he fits in great with our guys and in our clubhouse. He's been a very welcome addition."

On coach Jason Varitek

"He's one of the hardest working coaches I've seen and I've only been here a week and a half," McGuire said. "Like today I saw him on the treadmill with his iPad in hand marking up some things as he's doing his conditioning, so when I saw that today I kind of smiled, like man I'm in a good place. Tek's been nothing but amazing for me and I really look forward to working with him more."

Full quotes

"It's nice to join a club that wants to win and is hungry to win and be better and show up to the ballpark looking for ways to get better," he continued. "We've got two months of baseball left and the way we look at it we hope we have three months of baseball left."

Edited by caulfield12

McGuire said working with Varitek in particular has been a treat, and he's been pleasantly surprised by how involved the longtime Red Sox catcher is behind the scenes. "He's one of the hardest working coaches I've seen and I've only been here a week and a half," McGuire said.

And who say's that about any of the sox coaches?

Pretty pathetic the Red Sox were trading away at least 3 pieces at the deadline but still seem more like they want to win...and with all the forward-looking uncertainty about Sale Bogaerts Eovaldi Martinez Verdugo, etc.

Abreu

Cueto

Keuchel

McGuire

Who else has questioned team/individual work ethic besides Stone?

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

McGuire said working with Varitek in particular has been a treat, and he's been pleasantly surprised by how involved the longtime Red Sox catcher is behind the scenes. "He's one of the hardest working coaches I've seen and I've only been here a week and a half," McGuire said.

This team needs more Man Soo Lee

• Love 1

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I bet Varitek hasn't forgotten more about the game than Reese will ever know, though

• TLR 1

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Probably all thinking...how sure are we that Seby Zavala is actually going to keep hitting without his defense simultaneously coming back to hurt the club?

If the rest of the Sox were living up to their billings  Zavala isn't a big deal .Not sure why you would mention him. He's  a AAAA back up catcher.

25 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

How would you know? Do you hangout in the clubhouse with the players?

Exposing yourself in a public parking lot by jacking off  is a crime. I know he did that because it is a matter of record and he ha\s admitted to it.

Would you mind if your wife or daughter saw that or some grammar school kids?