08/15: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN4K, NBCSN+ (es); FS1

Buehrle>Wood

1 minute ago, T R U said:

You mean people aren’t banging down the door for slow DHs without game changing power??

I still think he can put up a Mike Sweeney type career. 

There is a serious power outage with this organization so I'm not ready to say this is the "real" Andrew Vaughn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

I personally don't like TA at leadoff because he doesn't work an at bat or count.  Pollock isn't ideal but he's the only thing remotely close. 

This team just has a crazy amount of uncompetitive at bats.

TA is and was a better hitter than Pollock. He also gets on base more and is a better base runner. I get TA isn't the ideal profile for a lead off hitter, but obviously Pollock isn't at this point of his career either.

A good organization would have made several changes over the course of the season, instead of continuing to shove a square peg in a round hole. I’d like to think there will be major changes this off-season from the top to the bottom, but we know that won’t happen. Every player should be available and if that includes their little Cuban connection, so be it. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

TA is and was a better hitter than Pollock. He also gets on base more and is a better base runner. I get TA isn't the ideal profile for a lead off hitter, but obviously Pollock isn't at this point of his career either.

He is terrible base runner.  He is the better hitter but doesn't work at lead off. 

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Do the Sox go over scouting reports with their hitters before games? Do they have any plan at all ?

This entire organization is crap. 

No one has ever accused them of being prepared.  Everyone knows the only way this franchise gets turned around.

FS1 announcers tagged Sox as worst team in majors for swinging on pitches out of zone…particularly Jimenez with barely .100 avg for hits when down 2 strikes and yep he missed the slider well outside the zone…sit down Eloy….

Edited by FrontierDayz

4 minutes ago, FrontierDayz said:

FS1 announcers tagged Sox as worst team in majors for swinging on pitches out of zone…particularly Jimenez with barely .100 avg for hits when down 2 strikes and yep he missed the slider well outside the zone…sit down Eloy….

Vaughn and Eloy swung at some of the worst pitches out of the zone of the season.  This not playofftype performance.

5 minutes ago, FrontierDayz said:

FS1 announcers tagged Sox as worst team in majors for swinging on balls out of zone…particularly Jimenez with barely .100 avg for hits when down 2 strikes and yep he missed the slider well outside the zone…sit down Eloy….

On every 2 strike count in his career he's been terrible . Even on 3-2 his slugging is only .356. The 0-2, 1-2 counts I understand most hitters suck but when you get to 2-2 and 3-2 it should be better than he is.