08/15: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN4K, NBCSN+ (es); FS1

Buehrle>Wood

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Haha nice effort offense. Grandal and Yoan back to back in the order is insulting.

Why the heck are Grandal, Yoan and Harrison hitting ahead of Sheets who has been hot lately?  Sheets hitting 8 th is another inexplicable TLR lineup decision.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

The Sox will be labeled as the most disappointing and underachieving team of the 2022 MLB season. They have 2 really good, young, starting pitchers. They have a 1B in Vaughn. Everyone else is expendable. They need to rebuild again but only with a completely new management team, both on and off the field. 

Sox pitching has been good but we need to score more runs.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's sad what's happened to Moncada

Everything that made him a special talent as a hitter is gone. 

He looks to have lost all his bat speed.  That kills him because he’s late on fastballs and is horrible at picking up spin.

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Gotta keep finding ways to get Gavin Sheets and his -0.6 fWAR in the lineup every day

For a guy who knows his stats you should know Sheets performs as good as any guy on the roster at home offensively. Terrible defensive all around and offensively on the road he sucks too. But citing WAR when he's at home isn't great.  However I'd be the 1st one to send him down if you bring up Colas.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

He looks to have lost all his bat speed.  That kills him because he’s late on fastballs and is horrible at picking up spin.

It'd be so nice to have bat speed metrics publicly available. I agree his bat looks much slower than it used to be, but it would be nice to know for certain. I've read about hitters (Nolan Arenando and Lars Nootbaar) going to driveline to increase bat speed and they've gotten great results from it. I'd love to see Yoan do something like that over the winter because there's no way the Sox have the coaches to help him with that in the org.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

It’s now time. Been time for like 7 minutes. The real deal is on.

Wake up clowns.

This team has shown it what it is; anyone watching or hoping at this point is doing just that - hoping; hoping they get on a random winning streak. Because nothing about this team has shown they can sustain winning baseball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

For a guy who knows his stats you should know Sheets performs as good as any guy on the roster at home offensively. Terrible defensive all around and offensively on the road he sucks too. But citing WAR when he's at home isn't great.  However I'd be the 1st one to send him down if you bring up Colas.

I'm fine with playing him at 1B or DH. But he gives back all of the value you get from his bat by playing him in the outfield. Same with Vaughn.