That's a Come Back White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Sox have plenty of time to reverse the negativity of a horrid season. Nobody will remember the bad days if they take off from here. Sox didn't hit any homers but thank u Cueto for going eight like the old days of baseball. Pitching 4-5 guys against the Stros is a formula for disaster. They'll hit one or two of the army of relievers.

Jose is a hit machine the second half (knock on wood). And I'll say it again. If Pollock keeps this up, it really helps the Sox attack. Would really be nice for this team to copy those old Oakland A's teams, bad clubhouse but talent prevails in the end.

Not saying Sox will keep winning: injury bug ain't going anywhere and team still doesn't hit well and has a suspect bullpen. But it's POSSIBLE baby.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Huge win.  I'm glad to have been wrong about the game after the horrid start.  That game could have easily spiraled into an embarrassing loss as we've seen happen before.  But Cueto just kept pitching and was superb as he has been all season.  The late inning rally is something we haven't seen much of this season.  Moncada's clutch 2-run single was huge, and it's great to see him come through.  Maybe that will do something for his confidence.

As I implied in the game thread, we owe thanks to Dusty Baker for making this one possible.  Astro starter was cruising with 2 outs in 8th, and Pollock gets a nubber down the line for a hit.  Of course, this calls for a new pitcher.  Rest is history.  Managers overmanage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Huge win.  I'm glad to have been wrong about the game after the horrid start.  That game could have easily spiraled into an embarrassing loss as we've seen happen before.  But Cueto just kept pitching and was superb as he has been all season.  The late inning rally is something we haven't seen much of this season.  Moncada's clutch 2-run single was huge, and it's great to see him come through.  Maybe that will do something for his confidence.

as fed up as I am with this team, watching Cease/Cueto try and pull them out of the doldrums makes it hard to not watch their starts.

BUT CAN WE SCORE SOME FIRST 5 INNING RUNS TONIGHT 

11 hours ago, Green Line said:

What a fun game, at least the last inning of it.  The haters are being proved wrong more and more frequently.

11 hours ago, Tony said:

These two posts being right next to each other is spectacular.

Forget the fact that the Sox are still in 3rd place to two garbage teams in Cleveland and Minnesota.  Forget the fact they are still sixth in the wild card standings.  Forget the fact they are 4 games over .500 for the second time all season not being any sort of achievement for a team that was supposed to be in the playoffs for the 3rd straight year.

Somehow this is enough to declare victory over.

It must be really nice to so easily satisfied.

Hooray the Sox aren't even close to achieving what they should have been doing this season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

These two posts being right next to each other is spectacular.

Forget the fact that the Sox are still in 3rd place to two garbage teams in Cleveland and Minnesota.  Forget the fact they are still sixth in the wild card standings.  Forget the fact they are 4 games over .500 for the second time all season not being any sort of achievement for a team that was supposed to be in the playoffs for the 3rd straight year.

Somehow this is enough to declare victory over.

It must be really nice to so easily satisfied.

Hooray the Sox aren't even close to achieving what they should have been doing this season!

Perhaps the poster is excited that the team has been playing pretty well for about six weeks now, that they just played one of the best games of the year to beat a top MLB team, and hoping that they will make a late season move after a slow start.  You know, normal people shit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Perhaps the poster is excited that the team has been playing pretty well for about six weeks now, that they just played one of the best games of the year to beat a top MLB team, and hoping that they will make a late season move after a slow start.  You know, normal people shit.

It's one thing to be happy.  It is another thing to use it as an opportunity to crap on the people who aren't happy about having a mediocre team when this should be a clear playoff team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Or maybe fans have a right to be upset that in the heart of the White Sox self-proclaimed "World Series Window" this team has played .500 baseball for a full season now, since the ASB of last year. 

You know, rational people shit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

Of course, this calls for a new pitcher.

Who was left in waaayyyyy too long.  I would've been losing my shit if I were an Astros fan.  Dusty's decision to stick with that kid cost them the ballgame.

It was a good win but up until that rally the offense continued to be putrid, swinging at garbage all night.  That said, it was the first Sox game in a while where I was actually engaged and clapping as the 8th and 9th innings played out.

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

Or maybe fans have a right to be upset that in the heart of the White Sox self-proclaimed "World Series Window" this team has played .500 baseball for a full season now, since the ASB of last year. 

OK. I don't really see anybody here arguing fans "don't have a right to be upset" about anything.  If they do, though, I think this will come in handy.

59 minutes ago, Tony said:

I have recently as Sunday stated that I hate this team but the fact they are playing about .600 ball since 7/1 is worth noting.

The next 6 games are the season as far as I am concerned.  If they play a .600 second half then there is some thinking for me on this team.

I really wish I could look at this team and enjoy it as it has made for a shiittier summer than it should have.

• Like 2

Bottom line:  If expecting a team that was supposed to be a clear playoff team for the third year in a row to be better than 3rd place and struggle to stay over .500 makes me a hater, well call me King of the Haters.  Yes, I have minimal expectations of this team, and this hasn't been it through 116 games.

13 hours ago, Tony said:

The broadcast crew on FS1 were commenting about how weird it was tht LaRussa suddenly decides to replace Jimenez with Engle, after waiting so long to do it, but this video explains that pretty well . it's also a testament to how far gone LaRussa is, that a fan has to make the call for him.

58 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

The broadcast crew on FS1 were commenting about how weird it was tht LaRussa suddenly decides to replace Jimenez with Engle, after waiting so long to do it, but this video explains that pretty well . it's also a testament to how far gone LaRussa is, that a fan has to make the call for him.

Where is Miguel Cairo or any other coach for that matter.  During he break McEwing could have yelled over......WTF.

Also how does Robert not run?