08/16: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN (CEASE V VERLANDER)

Buehrle>Wood

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Boy, you are the strawman slayer today.  Who's taking a "victory lap?"  Everyone can read the standings.  It is a positive sign that the team has been playing well for a few weeks.  Maybe that will continue and they'll win the division (I hope), or maybe they'll fall back into playing .500 ball and they will miss the playoffs (I hope not).  A better question:  why do you feel like it's your duty to rise up and smack down fans sharing objective, positive facts about the White Sox...on a White Sox fan board of all places?

So you can quote tweet and respond to anyone being negative after the White Sox win a game over the Astros, but when there is a rebuttal, or an objective negative take, I'm in the wrong? An hour ago you wondered why someone was being negative and explained to that poster that the OP was just being positive, or doing "normal people shit", implying doing anything else of the sort would be "abnormal"

Why do you feel like it's your duty to carry water for the White Sox and only post when things are going well? It's probably why we haven't seen you around these parts much lately. 

45 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

We need a healthy Robert in the middle of the lineup sooner than later. Maybe we can bubble wrap everyone!! Health will determine who wins the Central. 

The health thing is just so weird to me. I get that player get injuries on the field and some are more likely for that to happen if they are injury prone or keep getting the injuries in places they have been vulnerable in the past.

What I don't get is why post Covid everyone acts like things are back to the way it was pre-Covid ?

I'm no expert on Covid but "rebound Covid", "long Covid" and the sub-variants are all problems. Maybe the viruses going around the Sox clubhouse which infected Giolito, Robert and Kelly to varying degrees all have to do with once having had Covid. There is no such thing as a Secure Zone or a Bubble of protection .

Gio has had Covid twice, Robert had it, Moncada had it. Not sure who else has had Covid. These guys are in close proximity to each other a lot, maybe dining or playing golf together, they interact with fans and hotel staffs and team staff of all kinds.

Viruses that cause weakness to players and cause them to miss games are still a problem. It wouldn't be a terrible idea for the medical staff to suggest that wearing a mask will keep you healthier now just as it did during Covid and would have also before Covid was even a thing. It might sound paranoid to suggest wearing masks but let's face it , contact with other humans who have viruses causes you to be sick. Colds, flu , strep throat, sharing the same straw , can or bottle, physical contact ,touching something a sick person touched are all ways to lose players during the season. Infectious and contagious diseases need to be taken more seriously by everyone.

Belittling the effects or aftereffects of Covid shouldn't be a thing.

If you want to be a healthier human, at least wear a mask as often as you can. Since we are social animals it makes sense to take precautions and be mindful of preventive measures when not in intimate situations.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Easiest schedule in the league (minus the game yesterday) should do that. Keep it up!

Absolutely correct. Other than Houston last night, the other 29 games were against Guardians, (62-54), Twins (59-55), Rockies ( 51-66), A's ( 41-75), Royals (48-69), Rangers (52-63) and Tigers (44-74).

Having said that, if that is what it takes to get these boys confident and playing better, than we'll take it. 

• Like 1

This winning streak needs to continue as a win tonight definitely would be another huge momentum builder. This team, despite it's despicable play at times, is giving themselves a solid shot at both making the playoffs and winning the division. Only time will tell how it turns out but at least the White Sox appear to have gotten the train back on the right track. Let's keep it going gang!!!!

6 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Was just trying to show the org how it could go.

I can't believe more people aren't predicting or fake sourcing it since they did nothing at the deadline.  

He might be the best option we’ve got - no reason not to bring him up and see if it rolls over.

33 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I thought you can never ever touch an umpire for any reason; especially when arguing.

Or is that not white in this case?

It's white and it's the Yankees....nothing to see here.  Wasn't even kicked out of the game....to be clear I agree with you 100%

Edited by Harry Chappas
error

Every single one of the remaining 46 games will be the most important game of the season. Every game counts as one win or one loss. The Sox have no margin for error. 

I think the players finally see the end of the season. At only 46 games left they can see the finish line ahead. They now feel the urgency we as fans have wanted them to feel starting a long time ago. A loss tonight will be no worse than a loss to KC or Det in a few weeks. 

Tonight is big from a pitching duel perspective. It will be great to see the best two pitchers in the AL going at it. But in the big picture it is no different then any of the remaining 46. 

59 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I thought you can never ever touch an umpire for any reason; especially when arguing.

Or is that not white in this case?

There’s a clear difference  in the way Anderson came at the umpire to contact.  Technically by the letter of the law there isn’t. I’d say after Rizzo got mad, he gathered himself to touch the ump in a calm way. They can call it the same if they want to. But there was a difference in the contact.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

There’s a clear difference  in the way Anderson came at the umpire to contact.  Technically by the letter of the law there isn’t. I’d say after Rizzo got mad, he gathered himself to touch the ump in a calm way. They can call it the same if they want to. But there was a difference in the contact.

I heard and read multiple times, over and over again, that a player can never touch an umpire - especially in an argument/disagreement. I'm not arguing tone, although technically Tim didn't touch the umpire with a part of his body lol, but you either have rules to protect umpires that don't discriminate or you don't. And people are either against touching umpires or not against it.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I heard and read multiple times, over and over again, that a player can never touch an umpire - especially in an argument/disagreement. I'm not arguing tone, although technically Tim didn't touch the umpire with a part of his body lol, but you either have rules to protect umpires that don't discriminate or you don't. And people are either against touching umpires or not against it.

the application and interpretation of the rules is as old as the game itself, you know that. I have a hard time seeing much more to this than that.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

the application and interpretation of the rules is as old as the game itself, you know that. I have a hard time seeing much more to this than that.

Umpires are blameless, god-like creatures and should never be touched in any way.....ever.

Also since it is the Yankees and Rizzo, I would suspend him 81 games.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1