Meeting Jason and Steve

southsider2k5

22 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I don't think you understand how boring the announcers are for other teams. Zzzzzz.....

Or just plain bad. I'll repost this every time:

When I lived in Missouri, it pained me having to watch the Royals broadcast when they played the Sox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RibbieRubarb said:

People don't realize the Sox have maybe two of the best announcers in MLB.

Spend a day or two bouncing between games on MLB.tv and you'll realize how true this statement is.  Plenty of other good broadcast teams, but plenty of really awful as well.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, MikeKreevich said:

Bad enough, I have to listen to them each game.

Hmmm, you must have forgotten the crew that did the Apple TV games, or perhaps you forgot the Fox announcers who did the Sox games or better yet, you must have forgotten the last Astros series when we played on the ESPN Sunday night game of the week. Those three network crews are horrible compared to Jason and Steve. You seriously don't realize how good we have it. 

I inquired if there would be an opportunity for me to discuss the curse of the Nationwide Jingle with the boys and I was assured there would be and I was provided a phone number to book it....I called and it was f*&%ing Jeff Vukovich

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

I inquired if there would be an opportunity for me to discuss the curse of the Nationwide Jingle with the boys and I was assured there would be and I was provided a phone number to book it....I called and it was f*&%ing Jeff Vukovich

Well, Nationwide is, afterall, on your side.

1 hour ago, HoosierSox said:

I flipped on the Tigers broadcast the other day when they were playing Cleveland. Talk about a smoozefest.

Snooze or smooze?

One thing I will say is Benetti seems like a genuinely decent human being.

Stone seems like the type who might get fired for fighting at dinner with one of those know it all fan types who wants to provoke a confrontation with a media celeb to expand his followers on social media.

Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Spend a day or two bouncing between games on MLB.tv and you'll realize how true this statement is.  Plenty of other good broadcast teams, but plenty of really awful as well.

If you are saying they are bad is the true statement...I will again disagree.

I do listen to plenty of games on MLB.tv and I will listen to the opposing side during Sox games.

Plus...They are consistently listed in the top 5-6 duo in baseball out of 32 teams by sports media and Fox, ESPN, MLB seem to want Jason services a lot.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

1 hour ago, RibbieRubarb said:

If you are saying they are bad is the true statement...I will again disagree.

I do listen to plenty of games on MLB.tv and I will listen to the opposing side during Sox games.

Plus...They are consistently listed in the top 5-6 duo in baseball out of 32 teams by sports media and Fox, ESPN, MLB seem to want Jason services a lot.

Sorry if that was worded poorly.  I agree with you.  The you’ll wasn’t directed at you.  Jason is one of the best in the game.  There are other good duos but Jason is tops IMO.  There are far worst broadcasts than the Sox, despite some of the silly & cheesy shit that I don’t put on Jason & Stone at all. 

Edited by Tnetennba

1 hour ago, White Sox Park said:

I've been a huge fan of Steve Stone since he was on ABC back in 80's, and on ESPN in 2004 . he explains the game so well . I didn't like Jason Benetti at first, but now i miss him when he off.

Well yeah cause Beckham is the other fill in 🤮