Another Comeback White Sox Winner !!

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Among other things, really thrilled that Hendriks did not eff around.

Feels good. Crowd is legit. Mentioned it a bunch but crowds this year have been fun, games have been fun, even when the product hasn't. We actually do deserve good things.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Feels good. Crowd is legit. Mentioned it a bunch but crowds this year have been fun, games have been fun, even when the product hasn't. We actually do deserve good things.

Yeah the crowds have been very good all season.  I’ve been impressed every game I’ve attended.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34410521/houston-astros-justin-verlander-chicago-white-sox-dylan-cease-surrender-3-runs-cy-young-showdown

CHICAGO -- The American League Cy Young race probably didn't alter much on Tuesday, as both Houston Astros ace Justin Verlander and his top competitor for the honor -- Chicago White Sox righty Dylan Cease -- each gave up three runs in the White Sox's eventual 4-3 victory.

For the second night in a row, White Sox third baseman Yoan Moncada drove in the winning run with an RBI single in the bottom of the eighth.

Neither starter was around for a decision in the game. Verlander, 39, lasted seven innings, while Cease, 26, went only five. Cease gave up three runs on six hits and three walks, the first time in his past 15 outings he has given up more than one earned run.

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I wanna believe, but I can’t, I’ve seen too much ugly on this team over the course of 100+ games. Not trying to be a negative nancy, jsut sticking to my original opinion. 

It's a perfectly rational response. 2 games doesn't change the last 160+ games of .500 baseball, but it's a fairly good start. 

Good news is we don't have to wait long to see what happens. We'll know a hell of a lot more by Monday of next week. 

Just now, Tony said:

It's a perfectly rational response. 2 games doesn't change the last 160+ games of .500 baseball, but it's a fairly good start. 

Good news is we don't have to wait long to see what happens. We'll know a hell of a lot more by Monday of next week. 

Things are breaking the right way for us. If we take at least 1 of the next 2 and get some help from Detroit we go into Cleveland with the momentum and in striking distance of first place. I thought 5-2 this week would get us really back in it and that's actually looking like a possibility.

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Things are breaking the right way for us. If we take at least 1 of the next 2 and get some help from Detroit we go into Cleveland with the momentum and in striking distance of first place. I thought 5-2 this week would get us really back in it and that's actually looking like a possibility.

50% playoff odds. Highest they've been in awhile.

45 minutes ago, bmags said:

No surprise. I was at this game. 

• Like 1