08/17: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Quin pinned this topic
  • Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Had the Cuban Sandwich last night for the first time. Amazing!

Last time I was there I had to wait almost a whole inning for my order as they were cooking....worth it....and the people in the row behind my seat were quite envious of our sandwiches when I returned. 

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

Last time I was there I had to wait almost a whole inning for my order as they were cooking....worth it....and the people in the row behind my seat were quite envious of our sandwiches when I returned. 

Best thing about the park...well and the craft beer selections.....I am 1-11 on the season and passed on going to last five games including  last Friday, Monday and yesterday....I truly believe I am cursed. 

Both of my sons are going back to college this weekend and we have four games left. They bought tickets to Thursday at the game yesterday and want me to go....ugh

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Best thing about the park...well and the craft beer selections.....I am 1-11 on the season and passed on going to last five games including  last Friday, Monday and yesterday....I truly believe I am cursed. 

Both of my sons are going back to college this weekend and we have four games left. They bought tickets to Thursday at the game yesterday and want me to go....ugh

You're due Harry.  Grab a Cuban Comet, Gumballhead (or your choice of cold beverage)  and enjoy the game with your boys.

Meanwhile I will only start watching in the 7th inning tonight because that worked for the last 2 games, haha.

• Like 1

I'm feeling good about this one, and that's saying something (I'm a horribly pessimistic fan).  There was an energy in the last two games that has been missing all year.  Coming back twice against the top team in the AL got this team's juices flowing.  Moncada is swinging like he's trying to hit the ball rather than trying not to miss, and I think him coming through (twice) and showing excitement about it got others pumped.  I think Luis will be ready to play and I think he'll be amped.  And I think Kopech has a little chip on his shoulder from being pulled early last game and will have a little something extra on his fastballs tonight, which makes them killer pitches.  I think even Tim Anderson is seeing the change and willing his hand to heal faster so that he can be back earlier than expected!      

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Jose is 2-13 vs Framber. I know they'll never do this, but he should really bat 6th-7th against him.

He probably needs a rest anyhow. And what are the chances of Moncada have three good games in a row? And moving Sosa into the second spot could help him out of his slump. 

Just now, Texsox said:

He probably needs a rest anyhow. And what are the chances of Moncada have three good games in a row? And moving Sosa into the second spot could help him out of his slump. 

Sorry I loaned my phone to TLR and he started posting. I should have locked it. 

• Haha 3

Sox need one of these last 2 games with Houston and then get 2 of 3 from Clev over the weekend.

After they play the Sox this weekend Clev has a really tough 12 game stretch with 2 at San Diego, 4 at Seattle, 3 at home with Baltimore and 3 at home with Seattle. All those teams are fighting for a playoff spot. 

The Sox, Clev, and Minn have pretty much the same difficulty in schedule the rest of the way. The Sox have 6 left with Clev and 9 left with Minn. 

This thing looks like it will come down to the last week to be decided.