Leury to IL, Romy up

bmags

9 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

You dont know? Theres a guy in Birmingham, who is actually hot right now. There’s a guy in Charlotte 

Yolbert?  The guy with a .642 OPS in Charlotte and .600 in August?  Pass

I will guess you are talking about Jose Rodriguez?  He's super young for his level already, and isn't thought of as a top prospect that would typically get skipping AAA type of treatment, if I had to guess.

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Last time  he was up he had a -.1 WAR and .616 OPS small sample size. I mean, fair enough he’s older fwiw. Just asking questions. Hopefully he does something.

If you want to play around with small sample sizes he put up a .790 OPS in the last 16 ABs of his 32 AB season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yolbert?  The guy with a .642 OPS in Charlotte and .600 in August?  Pass

I will guess you are talking about Jose Rodriguez?  He's super young for his level already, and isn't thought of as a top prospect that would typically get skipping AAA type of treatment, if I had to guess.

Again, just asking questions. But if Yolbert can’t get a callup now, may as well ship him out of the organization. JR is young, but old(er) minor leaguers aren’t often great either. OK then, bring up Romy. 😐

5 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Again, just asking questions. But if Yolbert can’t get a callup now, may as well ship him out of the organization. JR is young, but old(er) minor leaguers aren’t often great either. OK then, bring up Romy. 😐

If Sanchez isn't good enough to play for the Sox down 3 middle infielders, who else is going to want him?  Just asking questions.

11 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I guess they don't want another middle IF on the 40 man but yeah, says a lot that the guy they paid 2.5 million can't crack the 5 deep at short stop. I guess Romy has been good in this small sample size due to injury but still surprising nothing for Yolbert this year.

24 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I guess they don't want another middle IF on the 40 man but yeah, says a lot that the guy they paid 2.5 million can't crack the 5 deep at short stop. I guess Romy has been good in this small sample size due to injury but still surprising nothing for Yolbert this year.

Does it have anything to do with starting a clock on Yolbert by bringing him up whereas that clock has already started for Romy when they called him up before?  I have to admit, I don't understand all of those rules, and I know they changed recently, but it seems like that would be a huge factor.

2 minutes ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Does it have anything to do with starting a clock on Yolbert by bringing him up whereas that clock has already started for Romy when they called him up before?  I have to admit, I don't understand all of those rules, and I know they changed recently, but it seems like that would be a huge factor.

One is on the 40-man roster, the other is not.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

how many fucking times has a guy sat 2-3 games BEFORE GOING ON THE DL THIS YEAR? I DGAF if it's retroactive or not to the first game they missed something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the communication and diagnostics in the training room and the manager's office.

It's not like Leury gets a lesser amount of money on the IL.  Guess it's TLR's way of saying he's confident Leury will work hard to get back quickly.

2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I don’t want to play around.  God bless Romy.

Worthwhile discussion since none of them are superstars. First we need a steady glove. I hope we get to see Oscar next month. Sosa has kind of faltered.

• Like 1