Per Passan, Elvis Andrus signing with White Sox, joining team in Cleveland

KrankinSox

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Can we bench Harrison once the ink is dry?  I don’t need to see another AB of his ever again. 

wait until you see andrus then ... haha

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/elvis-andrus-462101

What we should be hoping for is lightning in a bottle for a 2-3 week period. That said lightning is just as likely to come out of Sosa, Romy or Elvis. 

Per those stats it looks like hes trying to lift the ball based on the launch angle being so out of line w his career. it's a the expense of everything else. 

He's not good ... at all ... all you can do is hope he has a few good weeks

They need to get this done NOW.  It is a no-brainer. We clearly have no truly major league ready SS to throw into a 3 team race with 6 weeks to go. Even if Andres is a bust, he's a proven major leaguer that could give you some upside the last 6 weeks. It would be baseball malpractice by Hahn not to get this done. Wait a minute.......Hahn...... never mind. He'll blow it or TLR will platoon Andres with Leury/Sosa/Romy. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, he gone. said:

What we should be hoping for is lightning in a bottle for a 2-3 week period. That said lightning is just as likely to come out of Sosa, Romy or Elvis. 

Per those stats it looks like hes trying to lift the ball based on the launch angle being so out of line w his career. it's a the expense of everything else

Did somebody say launch angle? Frank'll fix him.

• Haha 1

I'm perfectly fine with adding Andrus, especially for his defense.  His bat will be fine when compared to what the Sox were getting out of Leury, Sosa, and now Gonzalez in place of TA.

Andrus would need to be the every day SS, which means Harrison and Sosa split time at 2B?  Harrison gives you the edge with his defense, but neither are hitting much right now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

What's the plan for 2B then? I'd love to be with you, but benching Harrison means someone who (likely) isn't ready yet like Sosa or Romy is playing every day instead.

I’ll take my chances with Romy at 2nd for now.  I’ve seen enough of Harrison.  Romy might not bring anything but he’s something different.  Hell I’d even take a Yolmer reunion for 6 weeks.  Leury will be back at 2B soon enough knowing who still makes the lineup card. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, he gone. said:

Per those stats it looks like hes trying to lift the ball based on the launch angle being so out of line w his career. it's a the expense of everything else. 

Andrus sucks but he MLB sucks. Romy and Sosa aren't even at MLB suck level. I have faith in both, but things are too tight right now to have non MLB ready guys playing everyday. Especially when we are forced to play Yaz and Harrison. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’ll take my chances with Romy at 2nd for now.  I’ve seen enough of Harrison.  Romy might not bring anything but he’s something different.  Hell I’d even take a Yolmer reunion for 6 weeks.  Leury will be back at 2B soon enough knowing who still makes the lineup card. 

Harrison has a .774 OPS since June 1. Nobody else the Sox would put at 2B can come close to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Harrison has a .774 OPS since June 1. Nobody else the Sox would put at 2B can come close to that.

Agree. The Harrison hate is too much. Does he suck? Yeah kinda, but he's far from our biggest problem. He's been fine for 2+ months now and there's no internal option better. We roll with Harrison for the rest of 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Can we bench Harrison once the ink is dry?  I don’t need to see another AB of his ever again. 

Harrison had a stupid at bat last night but he has been an above average 2b for a couple months now. No reason to bench him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HoosierSox said:

Harrison had a stupid at bat last night but he has been an above average 2b for a couple months now. No reason to bench him.

He’s had several dreadful games in a row, decent streak notwithstanding.  Unfortunately there aren’t really any better options, frustrations aside.  I realize they won’t bench him, but I personally have seen enough.  The bases loaded AB last night sealed it for me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He’s had several dreadful games in a row, decent streak notwithstanding.  Unfortunately there aren’t really any better options, frustrations aside.  I realize they won’t bench him, but I personally have seen enough.  The bases loaded AB last night sealed it for me. 

Ball breaker. Biggest At Bat of the game.

3 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

He’s been much better than the start of the season, but he is still struggling immensely with RISP. I realize you can’t ask for much out of your 9 hole hitter, but his average skill set becomes exacerbated when the lineup struggles. 

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

Agree. The Harrison hate is too much. Does he suck? Yeah kinda, but he's far from our biggest problem. He's been fine for 2+ months now and there's no internal option better. We roll with Harrison for the rest of 2022.

Yeah he’s been bad lately tho. Terrible at bats and lots of uncharacteristic defensive lapses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Andrus sucks but he MLB sucks. Romy and Sosa aren't even at MLB suck level. I have faith in both, but things are too tight right now to have non MLB ready guys playing everyday. Especially when we are forced to play Yaz and Harrison. 

How do we know that romy isn't even at mlb suck level right now? He was injured to start the year, he's looked good in rehab and had a double last night. Not advocating benching harrison per se, but Romy has actual power which could be a big boost right now with our single-mcgee approach.

21 minutes ago, bmags said:

How do we know that romy isn't even at mlb suck level right now? He was injured to start the year, he's looked good in rehab and had a double last night. Not advocating benching harrison per se, but Romy has actual power which could be a big boost right now with our single-mcgee approach.

I'm sure Romy got a stern talking to from Frank yesterday after that double.  

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

I have a feeling that if they sign Andrus, it will be Sosa that goes down and Romy stays.  Whachathink?

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I'm sure Romy got a stern talking to from Frank yesterday after that double.  

“Listen here kid, that shit might fly down in the minors, but here in the big leagues we preach BASEBALL. home runs are for pompous selfish assholes, we preach singles we want a whole team effort to score one run”. 

Just now, wegner said:

I have a feeling that if they sign Andrus, it will be Sosa that goes down and Romy stays.  Whachathink?

Yes, if Sosa is the guy they think can be a starting SS/2B in the future, he will be the one who goes down so he can play every day. Seems like Romy's ceiling is utility guy at this point so you don't care as much if he only plays a couple times a week.