Per Passan, Elvis Andrus signing with White Sox, joining team in Cleveland

KrankinSox

5 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He’s been much better than the start of the season, but he is still struggling immensely with RISP. I realize you can’t ask for much out of your 9 hole hitter, but his average skill set becomes exacerbated when the lineup struggles. 

Harrison should be a more patient and selective hitter , but is not.  He is too hyper to be patient, that is why he is called Big Energy. By the way he has not been hitting 9 th lately, hit 7 th yesterday.

Looking at his career and his stats the last two years with A's .... Elvis appears to be a wretched hitter. This is a move the Sox didn't need to make. Harrison also is woefully bad. However ... baseball is full of bad hitters and if Elvis is OK on defense which u folks say he is, I guess it's an OK acquisition in trying to win the weak division.

Time flies. I remember when Elvis first started and was the rage. The Sox front office recognizes the loss of Timmy is too much to overcome with the current roster. So they are trying something with Elvis. 

Edited by greg775

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Looking at his career and his stats the last two years with A's .... Elvis appears to be a wretched hitter. This is a move the Sox didn't need to make. Harrison also is woefully bad. However ... baseball is full of bad hitters and if Elvis is OK on defense which u folks say he is, I guess it's an OK acquisition in trying to win the weak division.

Time flies. I remember when Elvis first started and was the rage. The Sox front office recognizes the loss of Timmy is too much to overcome with the current roster. So they are trying something with Elvis. 

Harrison since June 1:

.287 / .342 / .432 / .774 (AVG / OBP / SLG / OPS)
53 hits in 185 AB's

April + May:
.172 / .255 / .263 / .517
17 hits in 99 AB's

To say he's "woefully bad" is to ignore everything from June 1 onward.

• Like 3