8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie

KrankinSox

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lol not true at all. Has a lot more success than Hahn ever will.

By 2009 I despised Kenny but I begrudgingly think that he did far better with what Jerry gave him than Hahn ever has. This is from a guy that doesn't want to give him one iota of credit. Speaks to how terrible Hahn is. 

Bottom of the league payroll, yet is in 1st place mid-August and absolutely owns the Chicago White Sox who have a top 5 league payroll. You have to ask, what the fuck happened to this team? You can look at all the stats you want, ultimately the W/L speaks for itself. Incompetency has plagued this organization for decades now and it continues. It will continue until ownership and management changes. Such a sad, sad state of affairs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I blame JR for not firing RH.   I doubt KW could fire Hahn if he wanted.

And the Bears would have been much better off keeping Ditka around than what replaced him.

Why would JR protect RH?  I understand his love for KW, but Hahn?

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Bottom of the league payroll, yet is in 1st place mid-August and absolutely owns the Chicago White Sox who have a top 5 league payroll. You have to ask, what the fuck happened to this team? You can look at all the stats you want, ultimately the W/L speaks for itself. Incompetency has plagued this organization for decades now and it continues. It will continue until ownership and management changes. Such a sad, sad state of affairs. 

Absolutely right.  JR, the FO and TLR and his coaches keep doubling down on the mistakes they keep making with no adjustments and they expect better results.  That ain’t going to happen.

It seems that the 2019 breakouts were all sticky stuff/bouncy ball related. Once those things were no longer allowed, certain players are no longer good at baseball. 

It also seems while Eloy does have a lot of raw power, his game power was also inflated by the bouncy ball in 2019. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Nah.  Team is pretty good if they do a few things 

1. Fire TLR

2. Fire Menechino and hire someone that will preach hitting the ball in the air

3. Fire the entire training staff, top to bottom

4. Call up Colas to play RF or LF

What are you smoking ? While I applaud your bashing the low hanging rotten fruit like a pinata ,you say Hahn is pretty blameless because they , meaning who exactly, overspent on the bullpen ? Plus the world knew from last year they couldn't hit RHP and they still can't. They (Hahn) could've addressed that situation 3 times since the middle of 2021 and did nothing.

While at some point they maxed out payroll the priorities were way out of wack. Let's let Rodon walk without a QO, Let's pick up Kimbrel's option and trade him and SURPRISE he was pretty untradeable but hey we got a 34yr old RIGHT HANDED HITTER!  You're just as delusional about the cast of position players as Hahn is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

What are you smoking ? While I applaud your bashing the low hanging rotten fruit like a pinata ,you say Hahn is pretty blameless because they , meaning who exactly, overspent on the bullpen ? Plus the world knew from last year they couldn't hit RHP and they still can't. They (Hahn) could've addressed that situation 3 times since the middle of 2021 and did nothing.

While at some point they maxed out payroll the priorities were way out of wack. Let's let Rodon walk without a QO, Let's pick up Kimbrel's option and trade him and SURPRISE he was pretty untradeable but hey we got a 34yr old RIGHT HANDED HITTER!  You're just as delusional about the cast of position players as Hahn is.

There are press people who said that the driving force in the Kelly acquisition was LaRussa. So while I don’t have any urge to let Hahn off the hook, I don’t want to let LaRussa off the hook for the bullpen signings either.

• Like 1

Stoney comments at the end of the game “we saw some unusual things in the game tonight, very frustrating, one of the most frustrating games of the year”.  Got to believe he was referring to TLR inexplicable moves.  After tonight TLRis only supported by Himself and JR..

• Like 2