Never hear anyone questioning this

Jnooch

Do we sign Abreu with Vaughn, Eloy, Sheets and Burger all bat first guys? Not signing Abreu would free up 20 million in addition 

to 24 million coming off the books with Keickel, Harrison and Velazques contracts. Could use that money to sign Giolitto and sign a good everyday 2nd baseman.

2 minutes ago, Jnooch said:

Do we sign Abreu with Vaughn, Eloy, Sheets and Burger all bat first guys? Not signing Abreu would free up 20 million in addition 

to 24 million coming off the books with Keickel, Harrison and Velazques contracts. Could use that money to sign Giolitto and sign a good everyday 2nd baseman.

Why would we want to sign the current Giolito? Not to mention that once again Abreu is one of our most productive players!

• Like 2

The thing I never hear anyone questioning is why Grandal is in the DH role when hes hitting under .200 and has 3 HRs the 

entire season. This alone is reason for Tony to be fired. Grandal & Garcia should be released today! Both are sunk costs to the org.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jnooch said:

The thing I never hear anyone questioning is why Grandal is in the DH role when hes hitting under .200 and has 3 HRs the 

entire season. This alone is reason for Tony to be fired. Grandal & Garcia should be released today! Both are sunk costs to the org.

Everyone is talking about these things lmao. That and your OP.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Those expecting big changes this offseason are going to be upset. They don't understand the market and will value their players way too high to actually trade them.

They're in a tough spot now, which is self inflicted of course. As has been discussed, raises already in current contracts will take Keuchel's money. And they still have bums like Grandal and Kelly that need to be paid for another season. And there's holes or 'square pegs in round holes' everywhere you look on this team.

The problem for the Sox is - good luck with ticket sales without something to excite Sox fans this winter. Who would want to invest a lot of money in this garbage product? They've actually made it less entertaining than the teams 3-4 years ago when they were trying to lose on purpose.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sarava said:

They're in a tough spot now, which is self inflicted of course. As has been discussed, raises already in current contracts will take Keuchel's money. And they still have bums like Grandal and Kelly that need to be paid for another season. And there's holes or 'square pegs in round holes' everywhere you look on this team.

The problem for the Sox is - good luck with ticket sales without something to excite Sox fans this winter. Who would want to invest a lot of money in this garbage product? They've actually made it less entertaining than the teams 3-4 years ago when they were trying to lose on purpose.

Their sales staff is going to have to wake up, for sure. I have a partial plan that right now I would say I will not renew. You can do a lot better buying on Stubhub and they do nothing anymore for their season ticketholdrrs. Used to have parties, send you gifts, invite you to talks, would have a staff member actually contact you. Now nothing. Get a canned once a month season ticketholder newsletter trying to get you to buy more, and the only attempt at a perk was an invitation to White Sox BP to a game not in my 20 gane plan where I would have to buy more tickets. They claimed if you couldn't attend, there would be more opportunities.  That was a couple of months ago. Haven't had more opportunities. They were counting on this team being all they needed, and are going to get burned.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Jnooch said:

Everyone is talking about the things you say no one is talking about. You’re right that Grandal should not be in the lineup if he isn’t catching.

• Like 1

Grandal should not be in the lineup catching either. Whether it is just this season or the end of the line for him, he is flat out broken and provides zero value this year. His catching has never been good, and his bat is beyond weak this year - weak pop ups and a lot of double plays. Yet Numbnuts keeps playing him and batting him in the heart of the line-up, providing the perfect formula for killing potential big innings.

• Like 1

They aren't going to non-tender Giolito. They may trade him, but they aren't just going to let him walk. As bad as he's been this year they can still get good value for him in a trade. Re-signing Abreu is fine but only if they trade Eloy. Eloy is not an outfielder but if they keep him they'll keep playing him there and he'll keep getting injured.

Leury needs to be traded, even if they have to eat 90% of his contract. There are plenty of people in the org who can fill the utility role.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Their sales staff is going to have to wake up, for sure. I have a partial plan that right now I would say I will not renew. You can do a lot better buying on Stubhub and they do nothing anymore for their season ticketholdrrs. Used to have parties, send you gifts, invite you to talks, would have a staff member actually contact you. Now nothing. Get a canned once a month season ticketholder newsletter trying to get you to buy more, and the only attempt at a perk was an invitation to White Sox BP to a game not in my 20 gane plan where I would have to buy more tickets. They claimed if you couldn't attend, there would be more opportunities.  That was a couple of months ago. Haven't had more opportunities. They were counting on this team being all they needed, and are going to get burned.

That’s terrible, it’s very in expensive to host fan on field events during off days, or invite fans to watch Sox BP. I really enjoyed those when I had full season tickets. Also enjoyed attending a sponsor event where we hit BP.

Hopefully I can return in the future once a new owner implements fan friendly policies and there is a manager in the dugout I can support paying a sliver of their salary with season ticket money. Until then, my boycott continues.

3 hours ago, Jnooch said:

I love the way Abreu plays the game . like yesterday with his hammy giving him trouble . he doesn't run off the field, to the training room, during play, he stiffs it out . and he's the one guy that i want at the plate with the game on the line . most of these other guys just seem like filler to me now . I thought that Robert was going to be the center fielder that I have been waiting my entire life for, but it appears that he's just another frail flower . what an absolute disappointment this team has been.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jnooch said:

You obviously are hard of hearing or just a wind up merchant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if they cut back on their marketing staff this year since the team would sell itself. We always used to hear the opposite about that office, they’d move heaven and earth to give a fan a good experience.

What bothers me regarding LaRussa as manager is that he doesn’t actually manage.  He never tries to steal a base, hit and run, or bunt runners in/over.  Case in point last night.  The Sox were fortunate to get two early runs but could not add on the rest of the game, even though they twice had a runner at third with less than two outs - once with no outs.  The first time was in the first inning and Grandall hit into a double play.  Not much Tony could do here, although Grandall should not be the DH - period.  The man is a double play machine.  The other time I felt he needed to squeeze him in, if only because Mackenzie was striking out everyone in sight with the curve ball, which is easier to bunt than the fastball.  You just knew that unless Tony got creative here, Mackenzie would strike out the side - which he did in 9 pitches.  LaRussa somehow does not get the fact that his team sucks with runners in scoring position.  He needs to be creative to score runs.  I believe it’s called small ball.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Those expecting big changes this offseason are going to be upset. They don't understand the market and will value their players way too high to actually trade them.

You have to see what they can do under different coaching where the changes need to be made.  Those probably won't be big changes because they will be insiders from the  mired in mediocrity organization. 

All coaches should be replaced. You can't have Boston and McEwing out there dealing with stupid base runners.  I think Katz can be easily replaced. Tony and the batting coach are no brainers.  

You can't get rid of players just to rid them without equal or better replacements.  Amazed that even bad pitching is expensive so you keep Gio.  They also need to stay away from NL players. 

Jose is old. He's lost a lot of power. Move on. Burger will out produce him next year. Trade Gio for a prospect.

Do 10 other things. If TLR is still here in2023, it won't make a difference. Just watch 1 game. Tell me the players haven't quit.