Unprecedented inaction?

mmmmmbeeer

10 hours ago, runtheballdown said:

I’m not sure reinsdorf treats his employees poorly. I know a couple of people that worked with him in the Balcor days and they still talk to him and think he’s great. He’s just an old guy who owns the club and from time to time wants his way.

one of his issue is being overly loyal. It almost killed the Bulls but he saw the light and green lighted an overhaul there. Hopefully he will green light an overhaul with the Sox. 

Actually his son green lighted that....

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Yet Hahn hasn't applied for other positions in MLB in the last decade. Can we stop painting him like he is a hostage?

Huh? The guy has been the worst performing GM in all of sports, it’s a total douche as a person, and gets paid $5M annually to stick his thumb up his ass. Why would he leave, but more importantly, who the eff would hire him???

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, shago said:

Huh? The guy has been the worst performing GM in all of sports, it’s a total douche as a person, and gets paid $5M annually to stick his thumb up his ass. Why would he leave, but more importantly, who the eff would hire him???

$5 million? Really?

This made me laugh out loud.  Im pretty sure he has more money/real estate investments/net worth than me.

At least I have to hope so, wondering what’s he is doing with all of his money.

Rick Hahn Net Worth : $ 1.5 Million

Lets check out updated 2021 Rick Hahn Net Worth Income Salary report which is given below :

Rick Hahn’s Salary / Income:

Per Year: $ 400,000

Per Month: $ 32,000

Per Week: $ 8,000

Per Day: Per Hour: Per Minute: Per Second:
$ 1140 $ 19 $ 0.3 $ 0.05

https://www.650.org/en/wiki/rick-hahn-net-worth-income-salary-earnings-biography
Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sounds like we have an agreement in terms of the fan base. They are just not expanding interest like they did last season. Most casual fans are becoming apathetic toward a team which was really likable in 2019-2020. 

Still believe they are making money hand over fist despite the lower 2022 attendance, due to the enormous national TV contract increase and the money they make via their own cable network.

We will learn more next Spring with the Forbes numbers for 2022, the first normal Sox season in several years (no COVID restrictions or tanking).

Even the Forbes numbers only help you so much with the White Sox since Reinsdorf has other businesses that don’t get counted, aren’t the parking lots owned as a separate business?

Regardless though, top 6-7 in the league is legitimately a high payroll for the white Sox. If they’re winning and growing their fan base I would believe it’s supportable, but if they have a serious sales drop next year from not selling playoff tickets, it will leave them in a tough place. This franchise can support a high payroll thanks to the sweetheart stadium deal, but the limits are real.

The # 17th team in attendance sporting a top 10 payroll is going to be tough and can only last for a few years. They saved money during the rebuild and were very profitable, but there are limits. They were in the mid 20s in attendance during the lean years. If they lose tickets this season, it’s going to start hurting them.

It continues to amaze me how simple some people view the world.  I know simple makes for better posting, but there are a million reasons why people stay with bad bosses, especially in situations where quitting isn't as easy as walking out of Lowes and next door into Office Max.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It continues to amaze me how simple some people view the world.  I know simple makes for better posting, but there are a million reasons why people stay with bad bosses, especially in situations where quitting isn't as easy as walking out of Lowes and next door into Office Max.

For someone of Hahn's background, if the family's financial security is the priority then it would be as easy as walking out and finding another job. Probably not in baseball, but almost certainly one that pays at least as much if not more than he's making now.

If seeing the Sox win a championship is the priority, then there has to be a calculation of when things have gotten so far off on the wrong track that leaving is the only way to possibly get them back on track. We may not have been at that point previously, but it sure seems like we're there now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

For someone of Hahn's background, if the family's financial security is the priority then it would be as easy as walking out and finding another job. Probably not in baseball, but almost certainly one that pays at least as much if not more than he's making now.

If seeing the Sox win a championship is the priority, then there has to be a calculation of when things have gotten so far off on the wrong track that leaving is the only way to possibly get them back on track. We may not have been at that point previously, but it sure seems like we're there now.

$400,000 a year isn't life time security.  It could be kids, it could be waiting until JR and Tony kick on, it could be contract issues, it could be waiting for another desirable job to open up once contract issues are gone, it could be a million things.  But people work with shitty bosses all of the time, whether they make $7.25 an hour, or $10 million a year.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Even the Forbes numbers only help you so much with the White Sox since Reinsdorf has other businesses that don’t get counted, aren’t the parking lots owned as a separate business?

Regardless though, top 6-7 in the league is legitimately a high payroll for the white Sox. If they’re winning and growing their fan base I would believe it’s supportable, but if they have a serious sales drop next year from not selling playoff tickets, it will leave them in a tough place. This franchise can support a high payroll thanks to the sweetheart stadium deal, but the limits are real.

The # 17th team in attendance sporting a top 10 payroll is going to be tough and can only last for a few years. They saved money during the rebuild and were very profitable, but there are limits. They were in the mid 20s in attendance during the lean years. If they lose tickets this season, it’s going to start hurting them.

I agree they likely won’t continue for long at $200M, just stating I don’t believe they are operating at a loss by doing so even at current attendance levels, just at a smaller profit margin than they would like.

Forbes estimates and the Atlanta baseball team’s publicly reported results are the best public figures available, more reliable than owners / MLB statements of “biblical losses/poor investments”.

I don’t see a big fire sale next year, but I don’t see any big signings either. They have $86M committed in 2024, and $18M in 2025 ($15M Robert plus $3M Eloy buyout). A new manager may help light a fire under the existing core in 2023.

Main fear is Tony is allowed to linger in FO for years and meddle with significant input, since he can work out of Arizona and continue in that role as long as Jerry owns the team. I don’t believe he’ll be physically able to continue managing beyond next year.

Moreno got the memo in Anaheim. Maddon really blasted the way the Angels run things behind the scenes. I feel like the Sox are in a similar situation. Where the organization isn't being run like a modern team and we're seeing the results of that on the field.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1