That's a White Sox Johnny Cueto Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Cueto goes 8.2 innings and Liam Hendricks get the save as the Sox cut the Guardians lead in the Central to 2.5 games.

Looks like Grandal seriously hurt his knee trying to score from 2nd on a no out single by newcomer Elvis Andrus.

Grandal should 've been pinch ran for once when he led off the inning with a single  or when he reached 2nd on a wild pitch with the Sox clinging to a 1-0 lead at the time in the top of the 7th inning.

The injury is squarely on TLR and McEwing for sending him home with no outs where he tried to avoid a tag and his knee buckled . But he was out by a mile.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2
  • TLR 1

Props to Elvis Andrus for stealing 3rd in that same inning and then scoring when the Guardians failed to cut the ball off on a shallow FB to RF and the throw home one hopped and knocked the catcher's mask off and rolled about 8 feet away in foul territory along the 1st base line to score the White Sox 2nd run in the 2-0 victory.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Cueto goes 8.2 innings and Liam Hendricks get the save as the Sox cut the Guardians lead in the Central to 2.5 games.

Looks like Grandal seriously hurt his knee trying to score from 2nd on a no out single by newcomer Elvis Andrus.

Grandal should 've been pinch ran for once when he led off the inning with a single  or when he reached 2nd on a wild pitch with the Sox clinging to a 1-0 lead at the time in the top of the 7th inning.

The injury is squarely on TLR and McEwing for sending him home with no outs where he tried to avoid a tag and his knee buckled . But he was out by a mile.

I think there are two issues here. One, sending him was too aggressive in that situation. But that's Sox baseball and what should have been expected. 

The bigger issue is seemingly half the roster can't run without getting injured. First, home, doesn't matter. Fragile athletes. B

• TLR 1

5 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

After a year like he's had plenty of other teams will be willing to take a chance on him for that kind of production for $10M or whatever he'll get.

with his view that the team lacks fire, would he want to re-sign, especially with the year he's had, a team would definitely take a flyer on a 2 year deal with him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

with his view that the team lacks fire, would he want to re-sign, especially with the year he's had, a team would definitely take a flyer on a 2 year deal with him.

He'll have a lot of time to think about it when the offers start coming in and maybe the Sox make some changes. I doubt anyone gives him a 2 yr. contract . He's too old and his track record over the past 5 years isn't good enough. The team that pays the most for 1 year will get him.

This is the highest innings pitched for him since 2017 and his best year since 2016 when he was 30. That's a lot of years in between then and now where he wasn't so great.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 7:49 AM, Texsox said:

I think there are two issues here. One, sending him was too aggressive in that situation. But that's Sox baseball and what should have been expected. 

The bigger issue is seemingly half the roster can't run without getting injured. First, home, doesn't matter. Fragile athletes. B

Sending a runner like Grandal (slow with bad knees) with no outs is third-base coach malpractice.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

To think this spot in the rotation used to be Keuchel.  Everytime Cueto goes to the mind, it's as close to an automatic win as you can get.

Keuchel is playing for the Round Rock Express now - just 30 minutes from my house. Maybe I’ll take in a game to watch him suck again for old times’ sake.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dohnut said:

Keuchel is playing for the Round Rock Express now - just 30 minutes from my house. Maybe I’ll take in a game to watch him suck again for old times’ sake.

Wonder how much "leeway" they are giving him? Or whatever it was he said the Sox were giving him right before he was shown the door.

Bless his hawrt.

• Haha 2