White Sox vs. Guardians 8/21 11:05am CDT (Cease vs. Civale) [Peacock]

Greg Hibbard

11 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I’ll also add that after making this statement he began eating a hot dog on TV… which had no toppings what so ever. Dog and bun.

How dare he?

That's the only way to tell the difference from a quality hotdog.   Bar S vs. Nathans - there is a big difference.   What could be worse is eating one without a bun.

49 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It is not too bad.  Only comment would be to hit Moncada second instead, he is faster and less prone to the DP than Vaughn who has not been hitting well lately and more able to execute a hit and run.  Vaughn is too slow, DP prone, and clogs up the bases when he gets on.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

It is not too bad.  Only comment would be to hit Moncada second instead, he is faster and less prone to the DP than Vaughn who has not been hitting well lately and more able to execute a hit and run.  Vaughn is too slow, DP prone, and clogs up the bases when he gets on.

Neither one provides what use to be the traditional role of a 2 hitter.  The slow tired legs guy vs. the king of called 3rd strikes.  If Robert gets on he is probably discouraged from stealing a base.  I guess station to station baseball improves a teams health.

Just now, hi8is said:

I heard some sort of announcement and then the crowd clapped… so uh… maybe we’ll get another update soon?

Does peacock have a camera on the field or how are you getting this footage? Just curious 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Does peacock have a camera on the field or how are you getting this footage? Just curious 

Yea Peacock does. Tony and Franconia are in the outfield now talking to the grounds crew and mulling around.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Yea they just have a few cameras pointed at the tarp from a few angles and also the scoreboard screen.  No announcers nobody talking just the rain falling on the field and the sounds of the field lol it is so stupid 

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea they just have a few cameras pointed at the tarp from a few angles and also the scoreboard screen.  No announcers nobody talking just the rain falling on the field and the sounds of the field lol it is so stupid 

I just checked the radar and don't understand why they aren't playing right now or maybe the field is unplayable.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

There is some water pooling on the OF warning track

It stopped raining two hours ago and it doesn't appear that they've been even trying to get that water cleaned up.

This is the baseball equivalent of a high school kid pulling the fire alarm because he didn't study for his geometry test.

• Like 3

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

It stopped raining two hours ago and it doesn't appear that they've been even trying to get that water cleaned up.

This is the baseball equivalent of a high school kid pulling the fire alarm because he didn't study for his geometry test.

Yup. And to me it looked like Francona was really advocating to not play the game when they all came out with the umps 15 mins ago.

No one has done anything to the track since I turned on the stream.... Where the hell is the grounds crew?? Complete bullshit.

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Yup. And to me it looked like Francona was really advocating to not play the game when they all came out with the umps 15 mins ago.

No one has done anything to the track since I turned on the stream.... Where the hell is the grounds crew?? Complete bullshit.

What's really fair is a forfeit, but I get that MLB isn't gonna do that so at the very least they should make the game up in Chicago during their next series.

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

What's really fair is a forfeit, but I get that MLB isn't gonna do that so at the very least they should make the game up in Chicago during their next series.

Don't forget they made the Sox reschedule a game already where just their coaches tested positive for covid. That should have 100% a forfeit

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Seriously a major league field can't be playable 3 hours after rain?. They should force them to play all their potential playoff games at their opponents' park until the situation is fixed.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic