White Sox vs. Guardians 8/21 11:05am CDT (Cease vs. Civale) [Peacock]

Greg Hibbard

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They can no longer afford to lose games to clubs like the rancid Royals on Monday. have to play well and win.

Yes, big game tomorrow. I’m looking at it as they’re shooting for 88-74, and it might win a division or a wildcard. They have to go 26-15 starting tomorrow. 

27 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes, big game tomorrow. I’m looking at it as they’re shooting for 88-74, and it might win a division or a wildcard. They have to go 26-15 starting tomorrow. 

Imagine 88 would win it by a few games. 86 probably wins it IMO. Your point stands, tho 

19 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Who is gonna pitch tomorrow?

The pen is rested, no?

It starts in the early afternoon.

It would be swell if someone started a game thread.

#CeaseAndGrabSomeBench.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Imagine 88 would win it by a few games. 86 probably wins it IMO. Your point stands, tho 

The Guardians are currently on pace for 86.3 and will have the tiebreaker unless the White Sox sweep them the rest of the way. 87 might win it since the white Sox would be winning a lot down the stretch but I think 88-89 is more likely required given the tiebreakers.

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Agree. Francona was quoted at Peacock today that every game is like a playoff game now.  Hope TLR was listening. We need that sense of urgency.  Need to try to win a game at a time.  Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

6 hours ago, T R U said:

Seems pretty ridiculous this game got cancelled. Typically it’s because the forecast looks bad, this is just a shitty field which is ridiculous for an MLB field.

Don’t forget these are  the Indians no matter the name change. Same old same old like the Major League Baseball movie with Charlie Sheen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flavum said:

Can u imagine if the Sox lose (which they well, bank it) that's losing 4 of the last 5 in Kauffman over the last 10 days or so. And nobody gets fired. There's so much wrong with losing 4 of 5 to KC. My gosh this team/franchise is a joke (if they lose Monday and it's four of five).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Interesting.  I'd figure they'd want to give Kopech's arm an extra day any chance they get.

Cease now gets 2.

My guess was they wanted to treat Cease’s warm up like it was a sideline.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HoosierSox said:

Twins and Guardians both have tough schedules this week. Good chance to make up ground if we play well. It starts with beating KC.

Cle at SD 2 games

Cle at Sea 4 games

Min at Hou 3 games 

SF at Min 3 games

I understand this thinking but none of this matters until we get our shit together.  If we don't win series from here on out then it's a mute point.

It starts today with KC......cannot lose this game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

I understand this thinking but none of this matters until we get our shit together.  If we don't win series from here on out then it's a mute point.

It starts today with KC......cannot lose this game 

moot

• bmags unpinned this topic