"Project Birmingham": Montgomery, 12 other A-Ball players promoted to AA

Chicago White Sox

This more than anything confirms for me that Josh Harrison is getting picked up.

Sox are gonna have Montgomery, Sosa, Popeye — and to a lesser extent Romy and Yolbert — duke it out like they did with TA, Semien, Yolmer and Micah Johnson.

Harrison will be Jimmy Rollins.

4 hours ago, Quin said:

This more than anything confirms for me that Josh Harrison is getting picked up.

Sox are gonna have Montgomery, Sosa, Popeye — and to a lesser extent Romy and Yolbert — duke it out like they did with TA, Semien, Yolmer and Micah Johnson.

Harrison will be Jimmy Rollins.

You forgot Saladino…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Nah he came a few years later

I just remember we had 4-5 plausible SS’s when he was around but almost none of them were capable of being regulars.

Leury Garcia had to have been one of them, and Yolmer.  Micah was never going to be anything but second base because of his arm.

Guess on some ways they were the bridge from 2013-2015 to the later gen rebuild group.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I just remember we had 4-5 plausible SS’s when he was around but almost none of them were capable of being regulars.

Leury Garcia had to have been one of them, and Yolmer.  Micah was never going to be anything but second base because of his arm.

Guess on some ways they were the bridge from 2013-2015 to the later gen rebuild group.

Looking at B-Ref...Leury was in there.

And for what it's worth on my end, I'm bundling everyone together into a SS/2B group. It always felt like TA had the inside track on SS. 

12 hours ago, flavum said:

Seems aggressive, but 23 games left in AA isn’t going to ruin him. Good luck to the kid!

Yeah I actually don’t mind this. Similar moves done with Sosa/Rodriguez if memory serves. He was certainly going to start in AA next year, I like giving him a taste of it to know what to work in over offseason.