White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

What is the driver of the Monday game being an afternoon game? Kids are all back in school (I think) - or maybe that is just in my state they are back in school.  It isn't a get away day or anything.  

It’s a makeup game so they are only in KC for a day.

• Like 1

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

What is the driver of the Monday game being an afternoon game? Kids are all back in school (I think) - or maybe that is just in my state they are back in school.  It isn't a get away day or anything.  

It's a make  up game thrown into the middle of an off day.

1 minute ago, SpringfieldFan said:

super dumb question but why did they leave Kopech's date and move Cease's rainout date to tomorrow?

Someone else alluded to this in another thread, but probably to treat Cease's warm-up yesterday as part of his off-day routine.

Likely less disruptive to his rhythm.

Also gives Cease a start against a tougher team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

10 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Someone else alluded to this in another thread, but probably to treat Cease's warm-up yesterday as part of his off-day routine.

Likely less disruptive to his rhythm.

Also gives Cease a start against a tougher team.

Thanks guys.

Being a staunch one game at a time guy, I think it's bad hoodoo to come completely out of ourselves, talking about winning 2, three games of or sweeping a whole series. 1 game at a time, I always say.

Having said all that, let's sweep this series with them pesky Royals.

47 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

super dumb question but why did they leave Kopech's date and move Cease's rainout date to tomorrow?

Because I'm gonna be at the game tomorrow so I asked TLR to bump him so we'd have a chance. Only cost me a couple Natty Lights. 

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1