White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t know how you part ways with Pito and do it with a straight face.  But he’s at the end of his prime despite still being the best player on the squad.  AV and Eloy are both such massive disappointments right now that it’s hard to see getting real value in return.  They really are dammed if they do or damned if they don’t.  But you can’t keep them and expect anything better than the dreadful results of this year again.  Yaz?  I don’t see them eating his last year although they should.  You just have to hope he can be an adequate backup C and never ever DH him or play him at 1B.  Not that I trust the current brain trust to clean up their own mess with any level of competency. 

I don’t really think AV is that disappointing. Dudes is stud at the dish; I’d love to keep him. Just feel like he’s the guy you can get some good value for. A controllable left handed hitting Middle IF would be awesome, but struggle to find a name that makes sense.  Eloy is worth more to Sox than anyone else and wouldn’t garner much. Pito a FA obviously so he’s the easy choice, but White Sox. letting Abreu walk and signing Nimmo is the best play, IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Boy oh boy do the Sox stink. Lose 4 of 5 in a short span to one of the most blah Royals teams in team history. Just a ridiculously young bad team. As much as I love Tony, this is a disgrace and insult to Sox fans to keep the guy around. And Hahn? To sit there and not make changes (well, Elvis looked good today) and to think this bullpen was worth a damn and to not turn over tables to get the best possible medical staff ... it's just sad.

Again do you realize how insulting it is to a fan who bought season tickets to spend this kind of cash on a team that loses 4 of 5 to KC including today's game with a crowd of less than 1,000 if they would tell the truth??? In many ways this is the most embarrassing loss of the season. Believe it.

In hindsight we should have started Cease today.  We need to treat these games as playoff games and win one at a time.  We looked beyond KC to the Baltimore series, when KC has been kicking out butts in KC.

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

AV has an .800 OPS. His WAR is 0.6, but that's 100% because of his defense.

I'm failing to see how he's a massive disappointment.

Hits into too many double plays.  Not enough balls up in the air.  Very slow runner. PRetty bad OF defense.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Maybe some other team does view differently based on scouts, but highly talented hitting 1b with 4 years of control and some of the worst coaching in baseball is how I’d write it. I would say that’s basically what he was worth last offseason as he’s shown quite a bit of improvement.

24 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Hits into too many double plays.  Not enough balls up in the air.  Very slow runner. PRetty bad OF defense.

Should never have been put in the OF. Is doing exactly what his hitting coach teaches at the plate.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Sheets is a non-factor.  Grandal is burnt toast with a contract.  Neither should factor into the decision making.  Not that removing those two from the equation solves what to do with 3 players for 2 positions. 

I'm amazed at how bad Grandal is. I mean Karkovice was a better catcher/hitter than Grandal. The Sox need a do-over badly.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

In hindsight we should have started Cease today.  We need to treat these games as playoff games and win one at a time.  We looked beyond KC to the Baltimore series, when KC has been kicking out butts in KC.

Coulda won a lot of money betting the game today if u put enuf on it. It was obvious Sox were gonna lose. How do Tony and Hahn live with themselves when they assess Chicago's play and results against woeful KC this season?? It's truly unbelievable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

THEY CANNOT PLAY MULTIPLE POSITIONS.  They can hardly play a single position competently outside of Abreu.  And the hitting is a big fat question mark.  Holy Shit your Schtick is so damned tired. 

Don’t be losing any sleep over this k? Plenty of baseball left

• Haha 2

I’m trying to think back through my memories of when a game is rained out that the starting pitcher that was supposed to start the rainout doesn’t just start the next game and I can’t remember one. Was larussa really holding cease back for the O’s because he thought they are a better team than the royals even though the royals had just beaten the Sox 3 of 4?

if that’s the case Tony is a bigger dope than I thought. You always try to win the game in front of you. And on top of that he pitches a guy with a bad leg who can’t get out of the first inning?

there is no way this idiot gets to come back to manage next year.