White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

21 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Home runs since August 10:

ALBERT PUJOLS:

7 White Sox: 6

Red Sox: 5

If the White Sox, as a team, shared the amount of PEDs that you have to believe Pujols is taking, the Sox would probably have 50% more home runs. 

Him taking steroids now would be the dumbest thing ever. Perfect way to ruin his legacy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Him taking steroids now would be the dumbest thing ever. Perfect way to ruin his legacy.

His platoon splits are extremely drastic. He's prime Barry Bonds against lefties and Leury Garcia against righties. 

I just realized we’re playing the Orioles who are 2.5 out of the last wildcard… so we could conceivably swap places with them and be a game and a half back from Seattle.

😆

Just get swept so we can stop with this madness.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

The Cleveland makeup game is September 15 at 12:10pm.

Daily reminder that TWICE this year Cleveland inexplicaby canceled a Cease vs Civale pitching matchup. And I don't blame Cleveland. The White Sox are completely soft for not calling it out either time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

I just realized we’re playing the Orioles who are 2.5 out of the last wildcard… so we could conceivably swap places with them and be a game and a half back from Seattle.

😆

Just get swept so we can stop with this madness.

This is what I am.hoping for as well. Either we sweep them or they sweep us. Enough of this 1-2 and 2-1 bs. Just win or die already.

8 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

This is what I am.hoping for as well. Either we sweep them or they sweep us. Enough of this 1-2 and 2-1 bs. Just win or die already.

In just two short years the Sox have gone from "must see TV" to "change the channel."

Very sad.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In just two short years the Sox have gone from "must see TV" to "change the channel."

Very sad.

Change the channel is too kind.  Throw the fucking TV out the window into oncoming traffic is more apt.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vilehoopster said:

Home runs since August 10:

ALBERT PUJOLS:

7 White Sox: 6

Red Sox: 5

If the White Sox, as a team, shared the amount of PEDs that you have to believe Pujols is taking, the Sox would probably have 50% more home runs. 

I don't know about that, but I'd feel bad for the worms.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

29 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Every time I see AJ Pollock in the lineup, it makes me weep for 2023.

I rather see Nick Williams or Jake Lamb out there everyday at this point.

You and Hahn agree.

I wonder what it will feel like if this team somehow makes the playoffs and goes on an ‘06 Cardinals-like run and wins the World Series.

I know it’s not likely, but WIld Card teams and lowly slotted teams have won championships in baseball and other sports.

I feel like it will be much less fulfilling than the ‘’05 Sox, ‘85 Bears, etc.

1 minute ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I wonder what it will feel like if this team somehow makes the playoffs and goes on an ‘06 Cardinals-like run and wins the World Series.

I know it’s not likely, but WIld Card teams and lowly slotted teams have won championships in baseball and other sports.

I feel like it will be much less fulfilling than the ‘’05 Sox, ‘85 Bears, etc.

Baffling. It will be the damndest turnaround I will have ever seen in professional baseball. At least the 06 Cardinals were a 100 win team the year before that was missing several all stars the whole year due to injury, and on top of that they didn't have to go through the extra Wild Card round. 

Maybe one of the 6th seeds that won the Super Bowl could compare (Green Bay and Pittsburgh). Maybe the LA Kings winning the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed. 

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic