White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Grandal is down nearly .400 points in OPS compared to last year. He's 33, not 43. 

Vaughn seems to be once again hitting that late season wall like he did last year, I can somewhat forgive that given the positive season he's had overall. Yoan...I don't know what the fuck has happened there. 

Pollock is also down over .200 in OPS compared to last year, Robert same deal, Anderson is sitting at .734 and hasn't had an OPS not in the .800's since 2018. 

I don't get it. Something has happened. It can't just be the hitting coach, and it can't just be the "dead ball" 

As much as we might want to say “this isn’t the hitting coach”, all of them seem to have the same issue. Getting hits, slapping the ball the other way, not taking walks, and not driving the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Could you imagine how much Stoney would have blamed Renteria if his team didn’t hustle like this?  

Stone acting like Renteria was the worst manager he's ever seen during 2020 is still so bizarre to me

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Just looked at box score. Sox have 8 hits and 2 runs. Orioles have 3 hits and 4 runs. Shocker.

As a non-white sox fan, I bet this team would be fascinating to disect in the offseason, on how such a talented team completely flopped.

"Into the Ground, a tale of the 2022 White Sox"

• Like 1

Situational hitting.  Hitting is counts and situations and these guys are fucking horrific at situational hitting.  A groundball to the left side is the worst outcome in that situation and that's exactly what Eloy did.  These guys are professional hitters with hundreds and thousands of at bats.  They should know better than this.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Situational hitting.  Hitting is counts and situations and these guys are fucking horrific at situational hitting.  A groundball to the left side is the worst outcome in that situation and that's exactly what Eloy did.  These guys are professional hitters with hundreds and thousands of at bats.  They should know better than this.

Just like what Timmy does so often, it makes no sense how they look to pull grounders with RISP.  Yet if someone is up and no outs no one on, they flare it to RF.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just like what Timmy does so often, it makes no sense how they look to pull grounders with RISP.  Yet if someone is up and no outs no one on, they flare it to RF.

It's just a coincidence that so many hitters on the Sox struggle with the same issues

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

As much as we might want to say “this isn’t the hitting coach”, all of them seem to have the same issue. Getting hits, slapping the ball the other way, not taking walks, and not driving the ball.

Again, these are mostly veterans, not players in their first or second year. These results have gone on far too long, I just refuse to believe a collection of multi-millionaires that earn their living based on the statistics they produce would all just "go along" with this plan from Frank Menechino. 

Maybe he is the main problem, there has been enough crazy shit with this organization where it's hard to give any situation the benefit of the doubt...but I just can't wrap my head around a MLB hitting coach thinking this is the correct approach, and MLB veterans buying into a plan that clearly isn't working. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Again, these are mostly veterans, not players in their first or second year. These results have gone on far too long, I just refuse to believe a collection of multi-millionaires that earn their living based on the statistics they produce would all just "go along" with this plan from Frank Menechino. 

Maybe he is the main problem, there has been enough crazy shit with this organization where it's hard to give any situation the benefit of the doubt...but I just can't wrap my head around a MLB hitting coach thinking this is the correct approach, and MLB veterans buying into a plan that clearly isn't working. It doesn't make sense. It doesn't add up. 

Try saying it this way - he doesn’t have to be the only problem, but it’s consistent enough across multiple people and even franchises for this hitting coach that clearly he is a systematic factor contributing to all of them.

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert looks incredible tonight 

Lack of hustle running out of the box cost us a possible triple and a run.  Compounded  by Eloy not moving Robert to third. Sox offense has been putrid and cannot afford any mistakes such as this running play, theCease hanging slider for 3 run homer, leadoff walks, have all hurt the Sox in this game. We are sucking big time.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic