White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If it barely clears the wall at the 398 ft mark and statcast measures it at 410 then what do you say ?

Just because the wall is at 398 feet doesn't mean the ball can clear the wall if it's hit at 398. Usually you need to hit it at least 7-8 feet further than that to clear the wall. That's unless you had a super high launch angle and the ball drops perfectly over the 398 mark. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Sort of. Hahn, Kenny, TLR all gone. Robert, Anderson, Vaughn, Cease, and Kopech are building blocks. Everyone else else..............

Eloy is made of glass and Moncada hasn't been the same after Covid19, shame because they were supposed to be pieces of a contender. 😞

Just now, Saufley said:

Really tough being a White Sox fan right now. Really tough!

I actually found myself not bothering to check the score tonight until an hour ago. Sometimes life is just better when you live in ignorance. 

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Just because the wall is at 398 feet doesn't mean the ball can clear the wall if it's hit at 398. Usually you need to hit it at least 7-8 feet further than that to clear the wall. That's unless you had a super high launch angle and the ball drops perfectly over the 398 mark. 

Hmmm...who'd a thunk physics laws could not be overcome by Menechino Ball?

Tough loss to a team that has been playing very well, especially at home.

Camden walls are a joke since they changed the dimensions.

Two balls hit to Left Center by Seby and Robert would have been HR in most parks.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Hmmm...who'd a thunk physics laws could not be overcome by Menechino Ball?

One day, Menechino will perfect his style of hitting so well that he'll have hitters hit line drives singles all the way through the wall. Resulting in home runs. 

1 minute ago, tray said:

Two balls hit to Left Center by Seby and Robert would have been HR in most parks.

As much as I like blaming the new dimensions of the stadium, those 2 balls going as homers still only gets us to 4 runs. And we still lose the game. 

1 minute ago, tray said:

Probably but that doesn't excuse the fact they had chance after chance to get runners home without a home run and failed yet again.

That's now 62 times in 123 games they have scored three runs or less.

12 minutes ago, wegner said:

Well we are losing the Cease games now...I'd say it's goodnight Irene.  Division and Wild Card chances getting pretty slim.

Cease defeated by one bad pitch.  But we have no margin for any error with our putrid offense with lack of power and poor clutch hitting.

Ozzie just said no it is not bad that they keep not getting the big hit....it is boring.

How the crap do they have the 9th highest batting avg with runners in scoring position??  When??  Are they hitting like .850 against the Tigers with risp???

5 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Eloy is made of glass and Moncada hasn't been the same after Covid19, shame because they were supposed to be pieces of a contender. 😞

Eloy needs to hit 40 or 50 homers to make up for his shit defense. If he is a 30 to 35 homer guy he has no value to us. Moncada is a great defender but doesn't have that star instinct at the plate. I'd let both of these guys go if they don't figure it out by the ASB next year. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Cease defeated by one bad pitch.  But we have no margin for any error with our putrid offense with lack of power and poor clutch hitting.

My pet peeve is major league hitters that cannot lay off pitches at their eye level.  Lay off the damn high pitches!!!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Eloy needs to hit 40 or 50 homers to make up for his shit defense. If he is a 30 to 35 homer guy he has no value to us. Moncada is a great defender but doesn't have that star instinct at the plate. I'd let both of these guys go if they don't figure it out by the ASB next year

Honestly, I’d take 30 to 35 homers.

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Eloy needs to hit 40 or 50 homers to make up for his shit defense. If he is a 30 to 35 homer guy he has no value to us. Moncada is a great defender but doesn't have that star instinct at the plate. I'd let both of these guys go if they don't figure it out by the ASB next year. 

The Sox would get rid of Yoan in a heartbeat if anyone would take on his contract. Can’t see that happening though.

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

My pet peeve is major league hitters that cannot lay off pitches at their eye level.  Lay off the damn high pitches!!!

You are right. Abreu swinging at a high fastball over his head tostrike out with the bases loaded and one out killed any chances to come back.  That ball was unhittable, might as well take it.  Our hitters have been undisciplined and impatient with men on.

LaRussa just admitted that the team is pressing and that is not how you play winning baseball.  A fish rots from the head Tony and you're the head.  If this clown, sorry Hall of Fame clown, is not gone after this debacle of a season I do not know what the hell they are thinking.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 3

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic