Kopech to IL, Martin up.

Tnetennba

31 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

And how was LaRussa supposed to know ? Is he a doctor. There was no one ready to start and Kopech was on the mound. He didn’t leave him out there for anymore than four batters. 

They left him in there for 4 batters when I could have told you he wasn't healthy enough to pitch after the first batter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

He’s 26 and in his first 30 career starts has a 3.6 ERA and you’re writing him off as a career reliever? How?

I was saying if they shut him down with the knee he'd not be anywhere reliable for next year as a starter and closer to being a big pen chip.

He has durability issues as well as limited pitches.  He needs time to develop the second and third pitch in order to be a consistent starter.  He is 2021 Cease......hopefully his 2023 is 2022 Cease.  

12 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I think this constant crying about LaRussa and blaming for everything negative is simply ridiculous. Kopech wanted to start and told the manager he wanted the ball. He had knee issues earlier so it wasn’t caused by Tony 

I think you're fucking ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

15 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Aren't there limits to how often Martin and Banks can be moved up and down? Are either of them close to that? 

Edit: here's the rule text: 

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/minor-league-options

Martin has been up for 1 outing in April, 1 stretch in June, July 12, July 29, and August 9. He's been called up and down 5 times. Unless there's an exception for double headers, they can't call him up and send him down again without having him go through waivers. 

So you're saying Davis Martin cannot be on the Sox the rest of the season since his 5 times has already been used unless he clears waivers which won't happen.

13 hours ago, MEANS said:

Didn’t he show issues before the first pitch? They should have gotten someone warmed up at that point so he could have been pulled sooner. 

If you remove a pitcher for an injury the relief pitcher gets as much time as he needs so it really doesn't matter if someone was warmed up or not.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So you're saying Davis Martin cannot be on the Sox the rest of the season since his 5 times has already been used unless he clears waivers which won't happen.

I think they can use him, but they can't send him back down.
So the next time he's up, he's up "for good" for the season.

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I think they can use him, but they can't send him back down.
So the next time he's up, he's up "for good" for the season.

Ok if that's the case I guess a full option if defined as bringing someone up and then sending him down again ? Because if Balta is right about it being 5 times already than the 6th time means he has to stay up.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok if that's the case I guess a full option if defined as bringing someone up and then sending him down again ? Because if Balta is right about it being 5 times already than the 6th time means he has to stay up.

Yeah - the "option" is defined as sending someone down.

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

At the end of the day, it depends on what the trainers were telling him. We’ll never know. There is a hamstring injury that is also called a knee injury fwiw. Depends on severity.

But it was obvious he hurt.  The trainers knew it, which is why they went out.  The radar gun knew it, that's why he was throwing 88.  The media knew it, which is why twitter went ballistic.  The idea that Tony didn't know is a joke.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But it was obvious he hurt.  The trainers knew it, which is why they went out.  The radar gun knew it, that's why he was throwing 88.  The media knew it, which is why twitter went ballistic.  The idea that Tony didn't know is a joke.

It’s difficult to say how careful or carless he is. On one hand he’s pulled Kopech during a no hitter. On the other hand Kopech is being left in under an extremely dubious situation. Guy is spotting dimes and eating onions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Balta1701 changed the title to Kopech to IL, Martin up.